Author Topic: Dirty Ears  (Read 13764 times)

Offline joanne

• Site Member
Dirty Ears
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2002, 08:43:33 AM »
thanks for the advice Jane, yes I was struggling on the floor with her.  I'll have to dig out an old table and try her on that.                    
Joanne and Jenna xx

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Dirty Ears
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2002, 09:17:54 AM »
You''ll find it a lot easier on a table - it'll give you better control, though you might find your pup tries to jump off to begin with (it's when an extra pair of hands would come in v useful :) ) Keep at it though & you will in this little battle!

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Dirty Ears
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2002, 07:41:43 PM »
Hi Joanne,
Following on from Jane's ever useful advice  :) you could try putting a rubber car mat on the table for Jenna to stand on, or if you don't have a spare one of those a bath mat or dampened towel will also give her something to grip on and should stop her from sliding around. Hopefully making it easier for you to clean her ears.
Its amazing what a 'firm' voice can achieve, which won't be difficult after being nibbled if Jenna's teeth are anything like Otis's  8). He's very good at being groomed but he has 're-designed' my skirting board in the kitchen whilst he's been teething ;D. So it's back to being in the cage when I'm out. As they say 2 steps forward and 1 step back, but overall he is very good and he'll get there in the end  :D                    

Offline joanne

• Site Member
Dirty Ears
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2002, 08:30:59 PM »
A very good tip for a none slip surface. :D  I was wondering how Jenna would stop slipping around on our table. ;D I will let you know how I get on. :-                    
Joanne and Jenna xx

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Dirty Ears
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2002, 10:36:45 PM »
Sorry - forgot to mention the non-slip surface - v important!

Jane                    
Jane