Author Topic: ? whitening products ?  (Read 2358 times)

Offline jann

• Site Member
? whitening products ?
« on: August 15, 2008, 11:35:43 AM »
 :shades: I was wondering if anybody has used whitening products on their dog ? In particular Petcetera's All systems super whitening gel !  I already use biogroom's whitening shampoo ( which is bright purple  :o ) and works really well on the rest of her coat but it doesn't help on this stain  :huh:

http://www.petcetera.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2epetcetera%2eco%2euk%2fcgi%2dbin%2fss000001%2epl%3fSS%3dwhiteners%26PR%3d%2d1%26TB%3dA%26SHOP%3dtrlshop16582%26ACTION%2ex%3d20%26ACTION%2ey%3d16&WD=whitening&SHOP=trlshop16582&PN=Online_Catalogue_COAT_PREPARATIONS___STYLING_AIDS_64%2ehtml%23a1763#a1763

Flo's mouth (round her lower jaw ) has for some reason only recently become very brown and stained. I can't think of a reason for it either - any ideas?

Jann  ;)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: ? whitening products ?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 11:43:55 AM »
Flo's mouth (round her lower jaw ) has for some reason only recently become very brown and stained. I can't think of a reason for it either - any ideas?

Saliva can cause pinky brown stains round the mouth/jaw or sometimes it's caused by the diet (I can remember using a complete food years ago which caused this kind of staining). I haven't tried the gel you mention but in areas near the mouth, I'd be inclined to try a gentle tear stain remover like Kleen Face
Jane

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 11:46:38 AM »
Jann I havnt used the products you mention, but as far as the mouth staining goes, Alfie has it too. I have just bought Topline Kleen Face from Dezynadog. It says in 3 weeks you will remove the orange/brown stains if used 3 x a day. I only received it on Tuesday, but it is looking slightly better already.  ;) I think it is off their food and saliva isnt it.  :huh:

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 11:47:38 AM »
Jann I havnt used the products you mention, but as far as the mouth staining goes, Alfie has it too. I have just bought Topline Kleen Face from Dezynadog. It says in 3 weeks you will remove the orange/brown stains if used 3 x a day. I only received it on Tuesday, but it is looking slightly better already.  ;) I think it is off their food and saliva isnt it.  :huh:

Posted same time.  :005:

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 02:13:36 PM »
 ;) Thanks Jane and Louismum  :D

Yes, I thought it must be the saliva and tried to think what she's eaten that's different. She's on the same meals  and doesn't ever chew dog chews ( just hides them in her bed  ::) but occasionally,no more than 3 times a week I give her a piece of puffed jerky  which is dark brown,  wonder if that could be the culprit ?

I am sending for some Kleenface now, thanks again

Jann :luv: