Author Topic: Do you handstrip everywhere?!  (Read 834 times)

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
Do you handstrip everywhere?!
« on: August 26, 2008, 01:40:36 PM »
I have two cockers Isla 7 months and Paisley 10 months.  Paisley has been to the groomers once for a trim with scissors (I asked them not to touch her back as I'd coat kinged it) and Isla has not been yet.  I have booked them both in again in October but I'm having second thoughts!  I have managed to hand strip Isla's head and back and a bit of her face with not too many problems and managed to do Paisley's back and outside of backlegs with no problems (haven't used the coat king again really as I heard it can still damage the coat).  Having trouble doing Paisley's head since she was scissored in may although it's getting really long now.

I'm going to invest in come rubber finger things to see if they help!

But when handstripping, do you literally ONLY hand strip everywhere or are scissors involved at all?!  For the feet?  Or behind the ears and on the armpits to keep the mats away?!

Thanks

Becky
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: Do you handstrip everywhere?!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 02:28:41 PM »

But when handstripping, do you literally ONLY hand strip everywhere or are scissors involved at all?!  For the feet?  Or behind the ears and on the armpits to keep the mats away?!

Yes, use scissors on feet, behind ears, armpits, tails and other sensitive bits  :shades:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne