Author Topic: Just bought a Coat King  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
Just bought a Coat King
« on: September 12, 2008, 09:08:43 PM »
After seeing Ailsa's Twix, I decided to buy a Coat King for Gari. He is so curly and I just want to tidy him up a bit. I tried it on him for 5 minutes earlier and got an incredible amount of hair out! :o

What I was wondering, is how much do I dig it in? I don't want to hurt him, so I was doing it really lightly, he kept turning round and looking at it as if to say "What are you doing to me now, for goodness sake?"! :005:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline amanda.seal

• Marley Moo
Re: Just bought a Coat King
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 10:48:29 PM »
I am wandering whether to get one for Marley, can you tell me where you got it from and what it looks like as i don't know what to look for ph34r I'm glad its working for you.

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 11:06:21 PM »
It's from here  http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/21stcenturybazaar/

It seems good, but I think I will have to buy various pairs of scissors too if I want to groom at home, and not sure yet what to get! :D
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 11:35:09 PM »
 I dont do it that gently but neither do I push it into the coat, it just glides through. Lily adores having it done. I only do her once every 4-6 weeks as I dont want her coat to get wiry which I've heard can happen with overuse.

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline Bev

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 01:28:42 PM »
are coat kings easey to use,as ive never seen one or used one

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 01:52:38 PM »
you don't have to use to much pressure, just run it through the coat like a comb, remember to take the hair out frequently as it blocks it up, oh and be even with it, don't go to mad over one area  ;)
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 02:20:26 PM »
I let the coat king go through the coat of its own accord, I don't push. I think that way you have less chance of breaking the coat.

Also don't go over one area continuously for too long as they can cause capillary bleeding.