Author Topic: a fluffy coat  (Read 1028 times)

Offline stormer

• Jovi and Alfie
a fluffy coat
« on: September 11, 2008, 04:45:52 PM »
 :lol2:
 hi i have Jovi a 2 yr old working cocker with a lovely smooth coat then i have Alfie a nearly 1 yr old show type cocker and he is a real fluff ball just not sure what to do with his coat for the best,wether to just leave it and go with the flow or to try and do something about it,but i dont want to spoil his coat either.i have seen people on about the coat king but not sure what i need to get in that for his coat then i have heard people saying also if this is usedto much that could spoil his coat as well some advice would be much appreciated i love him as he is he is my cuddly bear but thought i should try and make him look a bit neater.
    thanx Angie x ::)
Angie..Jovi & Alfie xxx

Offline barnacle

• Site Member
Re: a fluffy coat
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 08:43:30 PM »
I use the coat king and I don't think it ruins the coat any more than clippers, but it gives a nice natural look. I wouldn't worry too much if you are not showing, the coat king will tidy him up no end. I got the 26 blade from dezynadog, it is just around the corner from me and that was the one they recomended after looking at him. They have a website.

I bought thinning scissors from pets at home, and everywhere else like the ears, and legs I hack away with them and then I do his feet and feathers with straight scissors trying to follow advice on here. I have never groomed a dog before, am not at all arty or creative but do you know what, I think he looks great and so do other dog walkers. I actually prefer the way he looks to my friends cocker who pays £40 a go! It is because i can do him just as I like without any drastic changes, just a tidy up here and there.

Offline stormer

• Jovi and Alfie
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 10:04:39 AM »
 ;)
Hi thankyou for your advice ,i think i am going to follow that because i will not be showing him i just want him to be my alfie so i will have a go at tidying him up myself thankyou, :D
Angie..Jovi & Alfie xxx

Offline jenza

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 08:40:37 PM »
I followed the brilliant advice in the hand stripping post that has been stickied at the top of the section- def worth a read