Author Topic: Someone take the scissors away  (Read 767 times)

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
Someone take the scissors away
« on: January 18, 2009, 07:41:37 PM »
Foolishly last week I decided to trim Eric's skirt (bad bad idea). One side ended up shorter than the other so I decided tonight to even out the other side. Big mistake. He is an absolute mess. Why couldn't I just leave it to the professionals??
The poor lad has to walk round looking like this now. I hope the other dogs don't pick on him

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
Re: Someone take the scissors away
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 07:51:05 PM »
Don't be hard on yourself. Everyone has to start somewhere and learn somehow. My lot have had some very different haircuts.  :005: It will grow back, although I'm sure it doesn't look that bad and believe me it will save you a lot of money in the long run.
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 08:07:57 PM »
The problem is that the bit in the middle of his belly is now longer than the skirt so I know that after he has had a break I will have to trim his belly fluff too  ph34r He will look like a shawn sheep when I've finished  :005:

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 08:15:26 PM »
The problem is that the bit in the middle of his belly is now longer than the skirt so I know that after he has had a break I will have to trim his belly fluff too  ph34r He will look like a shawn sheep when I've finished  :005:

I took the skirt, feathers and belly off both mine last week with clippers - Bonnee had been skirtless for a while, but Molo had the same treatment after an encounter with a burr patch  ph34r

It is probably the best thing I ever did; they are obviously happier on walks not trailing bits of undergrowth with them, and even  though they got absolutely filthy this morning, hosing them off took a few minutes, and they dried quickly in their equafleeces too  :D

When we first got Molo, I was totally committed to keeping his coat as close to "show" as possible, and paranoid about doing anything that might have a permanent effect - but as time has gone on, I have come to the conclusion that their coats/appearance doesn't make them the characters they are.......so practicality has won out over vanity  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 08:21:25 PM »

I took the skirt, feathers and belly off both mine last week with clippers - Bonnee had been skirtless for a while, but Molo had the same treatment after an encounter with a burr patch  ph34r

It is probably the best thing I ever did; they are obviously happier on walks not trailing bits of undergrowth with them, and even  though they got absolutely filthy this morning, hosing them off took a few minutes, and they dried quickly in their equafleeces too  :D

When we first got Molo, I was totally committed to keeping his coat as close to "show" as possible, and paranoid about doing anything that might have a permanent effect - but as time has gone on, I have come to the conclusion that their coats/appearance doesn't make them the characters they are.......so practicality has won out over vanity  ;)

I know what you mean Rachel. I took Eric out in the woods yesterday and the amount of times we had to stop to take out brambles and things. And he kept sitting down and licking himself. I bathed him when we got home and removed at least 6 2 inch long pieces of brambles, the poor little soul. I am not adverse to Eric having a good clip out and no skirt, it is just my execution of it that I am annoyed about. It's a good job I've never wanted to be a hair dresser  :005:

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »
Alfie says tell Eric the punk look is 'in' at the mo  :005: His mum makes him look like a girly.

I bet its not that bad  ;) Put the scissors down is my advice if you are now twitched about what you have done. I have taken chunks out of Alfies feet at times  ph34r If I carry on I make it worse. Finish it off tomorrow when you are a bit more relaxed over it.  ;)