Author Topic: Ollie's getting clipped!!!  (Read 3952 times)

Offline louisedi

Re: Ollie's getting clipped!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 07:16:53 PM »
Why dont you use a coatking on him, rather than the clippers.

If he is not being done then, his coat shouldnt be a problem.

Someone who has just used my stud dog, has a choc roan, by Ollies sire, his coat is a nitemare as well,
he is nearly 6mths old as his first show is the end of March, they live in London as well, Eltham.
Hellen is handstripping him.

Louise & harbethol gang

Offline Oliver21508

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 08:18:36 PM »
Because I really like the feel and look of a clipped coat.

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 08:31:31 PM »
If he's matter like you say they might want to take it all off this time and start from scratch, personally i love seeing them clipped, they look soooooo happy when they come home without being weighed down with all their fluff :luv:

I'll post pictures of Indie later this week and I bet she doesn't look lovely clipped  :'(

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 08:33:19 PM »
Coco always runs round like a loon when she has been clipped  :005: - it must feel so free to lose all that fluff  :D  I have put off her haircut because of the snow but will be getting the clippers out in the next few days too  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 11:06:18 PM »
Sounds v sensible Laura - you'll find it much easier to look after. The only thing I would add is that I like to keep a bit of a skirt on Alfies belly if only an inch or so, just cos it is a bit more "modest" if you know what I mean. Maybe have a look through some pics of clipped cockers and take one in with you to show the groomer what you want.

Be warned, it is a bit of a shock when you first have them done - I nearly cried when Alfie had his first haircut, even though he looked gorgeous! It just didnt look like him!

Cant wait to see pics of how gorgeous Ollie looks when he has had his new haircut.

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline Oliver21508

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 08:22:42 AM »
Thanks. I was thinking this sort of cut:

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 08:24:33 AM »
That looks good but I would say you want the legs a bit tidier  ;) Eric has woolly legs and they are a nightmare (or should I say did have)

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 08:29:05 AM »
That looks good but I would say you want the legs a bit tidier  ;) Eric has woolly legs and they are a nightmare (or should I say did have)

Agree, I would have the feathers a bit shorter  ;)  I have cut Coco's feathers shorter in the snow as they just get wet and matted and do nothing about keeping her warm anyway.  Make sure you take the photo along though and explain exactly what you want done.  I made that mistake once and Coco ended up with a very strange "do"  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 08:30:40 AM »
If he's matted on his stomach like you said, be prepared that you may have to have the whole skirt clipped off this time. 

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2009, 10:11:31 AM »
If he's matted on his stomach like you said, be prepared that you may have to have the whole skirt clipped off this time. 

Yeah when I first got Millie she had to be entirely clipped off cause her ears and chest were matted. She did look awful but it soon grew back  ;).

Millie

Offline Oliver21508

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2009, 10:22:33 AM »
I'm thinking of asking to have his belly completely taken off and feathers a couple of centimetres long. Only the back of his ears is matted so I'll ask to just clip the matts off but leave the ears. I'll take the photo along.

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 10:35:35 AM »
Good idea to take the photo.   Indie's coat used to be lovely but for the past two weeks I am having a nightmare with it, I can't even get a wide tooth comb through her without her squealing  :'( and think its now the result of her being spayed back in August last year, she is matting every day and I was hoping to get away without having her clipped but the last two weeks are proving that its just not fair on her.    Shes always had a thick coat and she now looks like a tufty bush on legs and has sprouted horrible coarse hair everywhere.   Shes always prone to matts under her armpits but the matts are appearing everywhere now and thats with me grooming her everyday.     

If you're getting Ollie neuteured, you'd probably end up getting him clipped anyway.   Can't wait to see what Ollie looks like clipped.   I'm not a fan of the clipped look myself but know sometimes it can look OK as long as they aren't shorn.   Just be clear about what you want which I've no doubt you will be.  :D

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2009, 12:11:25 PM »
I'm thinking of asking to have his belly completely taken off and feathers a couple of centimetres long. Only the back of his ears is matted so I'll ask to just clip the matts off but leave the ears. I'll take the photo along.

Coco also has her armpits totally clipped off as that is where she can get matted - it doesn't show and keeps her mat free.  :D
Julie and Watson

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 06:24:17 PM »

His boy bits will look very prominant if you have his belly taken off completely  :005:.

Millie

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 06:32:53 PM »
Make sure you take the photo along though and explain exactly what you want done.  I made that mistake once and Coco ended up with a very strange "do"  :005:

I hope it wasn't by that mobile groomer that you used!  :o ;) :lol2: