Author Topic: Any other dogs moulting like MAD?  (Read 1453 times)

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
Any other dogs moulting like MAD?
« on: March 10, 2009, 08:26:10 AM »
Over the past week or so I am constantly hoovering up after Molly!

She seems to be moulting so much - I have never seen this much fur before, clumps of it everywhere and she is always sctaching herself spreading it everywhere!!!  :lol2:

I know she is just getting rid of her winter coat but OMG  :o its never been like this!!

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
Re: Any other dogs moulting like MAD?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 08:31:44 AM »
My Barney always moults, I hoover in the morning and by teatime it is back to being everywhere!

Dex was clippered all over a couple of weeks ago, and I am now seeing why it is such an advantage, me thinks Barney may have to have a short back and sides  :005:

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 09:47:53 AM »
im lucky my three  hardly drop any hair at all, i think it must be because they are all clipped short, we fostered a red cocker a few years ago and he was horrendous hair everywhere it came out of him constantly but he had that fine coat that didnt need much clipping like most working types  :blink:
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 10:35:47 AM »

Lola is moulting loads at the minute but not sure if it is her coat dropping from her season  :huh:

Offline LouiseH

• Site Member
  • Lourisma Moon Quest
    • Lourisma Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 11:30:07 AM »
Over the past week or so I am constantly hoovering up after Molly!

She seems to be moulting so much - I have never seen this much fur before, clumps of it everywhere and she is always sctaching herself spreading it everywhere!!!  :lol2:

I know she is just getting rid of her winter coat but OMG  :o its never been like this!!

Might be because of the weather, it's warming up and people probably still have central heating on. Also check for fleas - especially if she is scratching - could be time for frontline or similar & don't forget to treat all the dogs/cats and bedding etc. A thorough grooming daily should help too.
Louise Harrison
Lourisma Cocker Spaniels

Offline GillSarge

• Harley, Chester, Flint & Benson
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 11:42:35 AM »
My one dog is shedding his coat at a rate of knots at the moment, the other 3 aren't  :-\ I hoover in the morning, and by the evening time you'd never guess it had been done!  I'm sure my husband thinks I don't  >:(  Like the previous reviewer said, it's probably the central heating and the weather warming up...... apparently spring is on it's way  ;)

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 01:15:34 PM »
Same here - Ive got one that is moulting like mad, but then it is about 9 weeks since her season so it could be that. Or maybe it is the weather warming up (slightly)!

I am combing her every day and finding a new matt each time!

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 04:39:25 PM »
Both mine are moulting, my old girl has not got the patience anymore for me to groom her properly, so i can only do it a bit at a time, so she is leaving black fur every where and she loves to do rolly polly on the carpet. >:D
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 04:47:47 PM »

Lola is moulting loads at the minute but not sure if it is her coat dropping from her season  :huh:

Same as Chloe, and yet I brushed her this afternoon and not one single hair came out! How come they're all over the house  >:( ;)

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 05:06:35 PM »
Murphy moults all year round - I do not know why he isn't hairless  ph34r
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline Stacey

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 05:34:22 PM »
Archie is moulting heavily aswell at the moment! He comes up for a cuddle and when he jumps off most of the fur appears to stay on me  :005:

Offline tigs71

• Evie's Cake Design
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 08:20:02 PM »
Same here.  With Mason having so much white it shows up EVERYWHERE.  I am hoovering twice a day at the moment, practically filling my Dyson each day.  Where does it all come from  :huh: 
Elaine & Mason X

Offline Han

• Darling Darcey
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 08:09:59 AM »
We are having welcome respite from darcey's moulting at the mo. She's been losing all her puppy fur which i've been gently stripping out in handfuls! Seems to have settled now tho. Still all over my clothes and the house mind...

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 08:15:32 AM »
I didn't think Eric was moulting too badly until I swept the kitchen floor yesterday  ph34r The tiles were beginning to resemble carpet  ph34r