Author Topic: Little Girls With White Back Legs  (Read 1309 times)

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
Little Girls With White Back Legs
« on: September 02, 2004, 09:25:23 PM »
:unsure:   I have never ever had this with a dog before, and i have grown up with girls with white back legs all my life (party colour cavalier king charles spaniels).  It is not a bad problem, but a little embarrassing.  When Storm goes toilet she manages to get some on her legs.  This makes the feathering on the inside and back on her legs appear an unsightly yellow colour.  I have been bathing her with a gentle medicated puppy shampoo twice a week to get rid of this tinge to the hair, as i do not wish it to become a permanent stain, and think it looks nasty.  She is not clipped, and I do not wish to clip her, as I love the long silky coat she is developing (one of the reasons i chose the breed was for the coat).  I just wondered whether anyone here may know of anything i can do to reduce the staining, or if there is anything i can use to get this stained hair back to white.  I am also concerned about making her skin sensitive from this frequent bathing of her back legs, and any advice on how to limit the chances of this happening would be greatly appreciated.  

sportsmonki

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 10:32:27 PM »
 :D
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

lynseyloo

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 08:09:29 AM »
my little girl has black and tan legs..however I did read this and thouht you may find it usefull

http://cockersonline.co.uk/forums/index.ph...=4359&hl=yellow

Offline s baxter

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 09:24:50 AM »
yeh sorry can`t help as Alfie`s all black so a bonus for having a black one is not having to worry about stains :D  
sue baxter and Alfie

Offline shaz

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 05:42:55 PM »
hi
i have a black and white that i show so keeping her white is a must , i have always uesd bio groom shampoo for white coats, and used reguarly helps keep away the staining ,i get it from  the petcetera site they have lots of other makes as well and deliver very quickly.
sharon  mellow,  harley , shayla and havana.
please visit my new web site
www.evanavacockerspaniels.moonfruit.com

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 07:04:20 PM »
Thank you all for your replies.  

Lynseyloo thank you so much for that link.  I had not read that post, when I posted this, sorry.  It is excellent, and has so many ideas that I can try out, so thank you for bringing it to my attention  :D .

Shaz, thank you so much for that suggestion.  I will look up the website and get some.  

Many Thanks,

sportsmonki    

lynseyloo

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 08:52:38 PM »
;) your very welcome, glad I could help