Author Topic: working cut  (Read 600 times)

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
working cut
« on: June 25, 2009, 02:30:04 AM »
Not sure where to post this here or in Grooming.
As winter is here (aust), I've started training again (field) as I own show/bench dogs again the Delmar of should I clip them underneath or leave it. I can't rely on the groomers here as no one else take cocker's in the field and I keep getting totally different answers. One person told me leave the hair underneath it protects the dog, another said clip all underneath inside legs belly and up to rib cage, one said they will go curly whether you clip or not, so clip but it will make it harder to get burs and bits out. My grooming involves the mars all over the back down to the ribs and down the back legs, clip the head and ears scissor the furnishings not the best looking show cocker's you'll find with my bad hair cuts :005: I ask a breeder/professional groomer for a short show cut explaining what I do and why I wanted this cut and she refused "thats not a cocker cut you want and why am I taking my dogs out in field".

So help needed  :huh:
Thanks
Owned and trained by two mad cockers

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: working cut
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 07:33:45 AM »
working cockers and springers are not clipped at all when they work, especially not the ears.  I agree, a shorter show cut is what you need to take some of the length off the body hair  ;)
helen & jarvis x