Author Topic: Tallys Tail.  (Read 1314 times)

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
Tallys Tail.
« on: July 07, 2009, 10:17:00 PM »
I took Micheles advice today and trimmed master Tallys tail and thought I would post a few pics to see what everbody thought. I'm sure I could take a bit more off, but one step at a time  :shades: and I think it looks loads better and much more in keeping with the rest of his coat.  ;) Thanks so much for the advice Michele. :D ( excuse the rest of him he had been out in the wet and you know whats sponges spaniels are.  :shades: )

xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
Re: Tallys Tail.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 10:19:00 PM »
That's lovely, so shiny and brushed looking! :luv:

Can you tell I don't know any grooming terms! :005:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 10:41:14 PM »
Be daring and take a bit more  ;) It took me ages to pluck up the courage, now I hack away  :005:

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 10:45:57 PM »
That is looking so much better already Sarah, but you're right I think you could take a bit more off, but only when you're comfortable doing so. :D

This is where I'd roughly suggest to BUT as I said it is entirely up to you.  ;)

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 10:47:06 PM »
I hasten to add that I know how hard it is to cut coat away when you've struggled for so long get it to grow.

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 11:11:57 PM »
I followed Michele's advice and took more off the tail - looked loads better on Heidi, wish I'd cut more and then added it to the skirt though  :005:

Take a bit more off to the line Michele's drawn and it'll look better  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline hovis

• Site Member
    • www.kasordoncockers.com
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 10:57:13 AM »
I'm sure I could take a bit more off, but one step at a time  :shades:

Hey Sarah! If you dont want to snip away let me at it! You know how 'scissor happy' I am! :005: :005: Mind you, did you want another Chinese Hairless dog in the family cos thats what may happen as you know I have a tendancy to get carried away! :005:

He looks lovely and shiney - not in the least bit tangoed either! :005:

Your dog is your friend, partner & defender. You are his life, love & leader. He will be yours, faithful & true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 01:23:57 PM »
I hasten to add that I know how hard it is to cut coat away when you've struggled for so long get it to grow.

Your right I think thats why I'm finding it so hard to do even though I actually did take quite a bit off believe it or not.  ;) If only it could grow like that on his skirt we would be sorted.  :shades:  I also think it's cause he's my own dog as I chop away happily ish  :shades: at other peoples dogs.  :D

I'm sure I could take a bit more off, but one step at a time :shades:

Hey Sarah! If you dont want to snip away let me at it! You know how 'scissor happy' I am! :005: :005: Mind you, did you want another Chinese Hairless dog in the family cos thats what may happen as you know I have a tendancy to get carried away! :005:

He looks lovely and shiney - not in the least bit tangoed either! :005:

funnily enough one of the places giz does have hair is on his tail.  :shades:  :005: and Tally is quivering in the corner at the thought of looking like him.  :005: I'm glad he doesn't look tangoed.  :005: I have no idea what had happened that day. Mind you he is quite a rich colour anyway.  ;)

Thanks all for your advice. I do listen, but sometimes need time to pluck up the courage.  :shades: Poor Tally, bless him. He puts up with so much and is such a little  :angel: about it all. I know there are better dogs out there, but Tally really is my little star.  :luv:
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline GinnyB

• Mali, my gorgeous golden girl
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 10:02:40 AM »
after reading this yesterday I followed Michell's advice and got brave with the scissors too. The result is a mush fuller looking tail which looks much less messy  :D

Will try to take a pic but don't hold out much hope  :005:

Thanks Michelle
Elsie my beautiful bluey

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 09:35:16 PM »
What glorious feathering  :D

Personally i don't like much feathering on the tail, i've tried lots of styles and i don't like no feathering at all so it looks like a whip/rats tail and i don't like loads of feathering either, just about an inch or two about where Michele's drawn the line on your photo is my personal preference but as they say each to there own  :D
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman