Author Topic: Going over to the dark side.....UPDATED Pg 3  (Read 14822 times)

Offline SJP

• Site Member
Going over to the dark side.....UPDATED Pg 3
« on: July 29, 2009, 10:23:34 AM »
(a brilliant subject heading that I nicked from another thread!)

.....is exactly what I am doing as I can no longer cope with Lola's hairiness.  Since she has been spayed she has become extremely hairy and the amount of debris I remove everyday is getting on top of me, so she's booked into the groomers next Tuesday.  But I do have a couple of questions....

If I have the whole lot taken off will it all grow back the same (ie extremely fluffy) or is there a glimmer of hope that it will grow back sleek (ie, like on her back).  Hope you understand what I mean.

I don't want her back, tail, top knot  ::) or ears touching, so if the rest comes off (perhaps leaving a teeny bit on her tummy and v.v. light feathering on her front legs), do you think she will look odd?

Apologies for this thread......I've posted before about her and her coat but she's only 2 1/2 and I cannot cope with it as it currently is for the rest of her life.

Thanks everyone  :D
Sally & Lola xxx

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: Going over to the dark side.....
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 10:28:07 AM »
get Nic to send you some pictures of Tilly to take with you ;)  I think clipping is fine, as long as you still look like you have a cocker spaniel  :luv:

I don't think her coat will ever as it was pre-spaying in her youth  :-\ (sorry)
helen & jarvis x

Offline SJP

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 10:32:20 AM »
Dear Nic
Please send pictures of Tilly........
Love Sally & Lola xx
Sally & Lola xxx

Offline SJP

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 10:37:22 AM »
Me again...sorry.
Found this picture from another grooming thread that I started in March on the same problem  ::)

Its still like this but even thicker now and the amount of seeds etc that I find is unbelievable. And its brown hair which I don't like.

Going away to hide now.... ph34r
Sally & Lola xxx

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 04:10:35 PM »
I'll dig out some photos of Tills, she got done again a couple of weeks ago and she looks fantastic, they do such a good job on her. She looks like a Cocker (or as Cockery as Tills can look anyway ph34r :005:) but she's all sleek and shiny with nice tidy feathering. I'm afraid Lola's coat probably won't ever go back to it's pre-spay state, when Tills' coat grows back between clips she looks like the love child of Tina Turner and a grizzly bear ph34r
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 04:26:44 PM »
when Tills' coat grows back between clips she looks like the love child of Tina Turner and a grizzly bear ph34r

:rofl1:  so where does Chesney Hawkes come into it :dunno:
helen & jarvis x

Offline silly milly

• Donator
  • silly milly
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 04:30:22 PM »
milly gets chopped very short now since she was spayed.     her coat goes unruly, and like rats tails!   we still keep her tail and ears fairly long though.   she went for a haircut yesterday and now she looks great!
with lots of love from silly milly and her mum!!!!

Offline BettyBoo

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 04:57:23 PM »
So are you just getting her legs, feet, sides and chest cut? Or clipped? Betty's been cut 3 times now and it just grows back exactly the same. You can see lovely black shiny hair in amongst all the gingery/brown fluffy stuff though - I just can't seem to explain to the groomer that that's all I want leaving ::) I took a picture of Jarv last time but it didn't do any good. In fact she barely looked at it, just said that all dogs were different. I've given up on groomers now and bought some thinning scissors, althogh haven't had the courage to use them yet :005:
Barbara, Betty & Millie x

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 04:59:28 PM »
when Tills' coat grows back between clips she looks like the love child of Tina Turner and a grizzly bear ph34r

If her toupée gets really long I can put it in a centre parting :005:  The photos don't show it that well but although Tills' coat doesn't grow back quite as long as Lola's it's completely dead, fuzzy, cotton-wool textured and a dull ginger colour whereas when she's clipped she's a lovely rich shiny brown.

Ok here she is before... Tina's people called and said she wants her wig back ph34r  and it makes her look fat which I HATE cos she's really not!

And after... sleek, shiny and purty... squinty eyes and hassling of ginger dogs notwithstanding :lol2: ::) :luv:

Actually you can see that last one better if you enlarge it, it shows her nice belly feathering and the shine it gives her
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa141/workingcockers/2009%20contd/IMG_4303.jpg

I give them really clear instructions - I ask them to clip off her head, neck, back, sides and armpits (cos they mat really easily) and to tidy up the fronts of her legs, her face and paws. I give strict instructions i.e. pain of death that they are not to touch her ears, chest feathering, belly feathering, leg feathering or tail. The new groomer we've found is a godsend, she was a recommendation from Elisa and she is fantastic, she even puts a little flower on Tills' lead when she's finished :005:

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 05:59:06 PM »
She looks beautiful Nicola, that is a very understanding groomer you have found.  :D

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 06:05:21 PM »
She looks beautiful Nicola, that is a very understanding groomer you have found.  :D

She's brilliant, I have to book well in advance and she's not the cheapest but worth every penny, it's thanks to Elisa as she's been using her for a long time to get Bailey handstripped and Harvey clipped and they always look great :luv:  http://www.puccigrooming.com/index.htm

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 06:06:45 PM »

Six degrees of separation  ;) :lol2:

Tilly looks gorgeous, you've definitely got a gem of a groomer there.  :luv:

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 06:29:46 PM »
I've found THE perfect haircut for Jarv  :luv:

we're off tomorrow to get this done:

http://www.k9stud.com/images/michelscockers/michelscockers_cockerstuds005.jpg

whaddya think :011:
helen & jarvis x

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 06:38:50 PM »

surely thats not finished? : :huh:
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 06:40:55 PM »

surely thats not finished? : :huh:

well it's on a site for American Cocker stud dogs, so I think (unfortunately) it's as finished as it's gonna get :dunno:

helen & jarvis x