Author Topic: Going over to the dark side.....UPDATED Pg 3  (Read 14881 times)

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
Re: Going over to the dark side.....
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 06:46:58 PM »
I've found THE perfect haircut for Jarv  :luv:

we're off tomorrow to get this done:

http://www.k9stud.com/images/michelscockers/michelscockers_cockerstuds005.jpg

whaddya think :011:

Thats not a skirt its a tutu  :lol2:

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 06:50:54 PM »
Sorry, that is hideous, it looks like the clippers packed up part way through. ph34r

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 06:54:05 PM »
Sorry, that is hideous, it looks like the clippers packed up part way through. ph34r

Oh  :-\  I was going to book Jarv in with you to get that done  ph34r

helen & jarvis x

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 06:55:07 PM »
Imagine turning up on a cocker meet up with that haircut! :005:
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 07:07:17 PM »

Hell would freeze over before I ever did that to any dog never mind Jarvis.  ;)

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 07:07:48 PM »

Unless of course the owner requested it.  ;) :005:

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 07:55:55 PM »

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline SJP

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 08:08:09 PM »
Nicola - Tilly looks absolutely fantastic (if I post Lola up to you first class..........) - is it okay to print off your pics to show the groomer? 

Helen - I absolutely roared with laughter at this.......that poor poor dog, what on earth are the owners thinking?

So are you just getting her legs, feet, sides and chest cut? Or clipped? Betty's been cut 3 times now and it just grows back exactly the same. You can see lovely black shiny hair in amongst all the gingery/brown fluffy stuff though - I just can't seem to explain to the groomer that that's all I want leaving ::) I took a picture of Jarv last time but it didn't do any good. In fact she barely looked at it, just said that all dogs were different. I've given up on groomers now and bought some thinning scissors, althogh haven't had the courage to use them yet :005:

Bettyboo - I have no idea whether its clipping or cutting!  I just leave her with him........what's best do you think?

Finally - Anybody live near me who could recommend a really good groomer?  The one I use is just okay.......
Sally & Lola xxx

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 08:11:17 PM »

That haircut is just criminal  :o :o

Poor doggy  :'( :'(
Julie and Watson

Offline BettyBoo

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2009, 08:37:59 PM »
Bettyboo - I have no idea whether its clipping or cutting!  I just leave her with him........what's best do you think?

If it's the same place as when you posted a photo of her then it looked like she had been cut. I've always said that I don't want the clippers anywhere near Betty but that's because her coat isn't too bad - it's just her legs I want thinning out. I wouldn't have thought you could thin out hair with clippers. Could be wrong though ph34r The last place only trimmed her feathers and took the rest out with a comb and a air blaster thing.
Barbara, Betty & Millie x

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2009, 09:52:23 PM »
I clip Dave and don't use any attachments, I just grade it by hand if that makes sense.. I'll try and get some pics of him that show it for you and post them tomoz. He has very unmanageable legs and lots of fluff on his body, but you can make it look pretty natural easily if you clip lightly over the top of the coat rather than going in for the kill against the skin IYSWIM  :lol:.

It's not a BAD thing to do... don't worry  ;)

Hannah xxx

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline MontyMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2009, 10:04:11 PM »
I clip Monty at home and I am happy with my amateur efforts, though I am not sure if Monty would agree!!!!!  :005:  His ocat got very dull and fluffy about 6 months after his de-balling op and the vet recommended Evening Primrose Oil.  One large family pot of EPO capsules from Tesco (vet recommended) and a month later and he is much glossier coat that is more manageable and sleeker  :blink:

Good luck with your grooming visit...I ended up doing it myself as I moved house and couldn't find a new groomer that I felt I could trust!!!!  xx

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 12:12:26 AM »
Nicola - Tilly looks absolutely fantastic (if I post Lola up to you first class..........) - is it okay to print off your pics to show the groomer? 

Thank you, I think the lady does a fab job on her :luv:  and Lola is welcome any time! Of course you can use the photos, I don't mind at all.

Tills gets that look with clipping, just scissoring her coat wouldn't make a dent in it, all that fuzz is just dead hair and needs to be clipped off to get to the healthy shiny coat underneath. The coat can be thinned out with clippers too, that's what they do to her armpits and a bit on her belly. Clipping isn't 'bad' - it's better if you can avoid doing it in the first place but once the coat is all dry, dead and fuzzy then it's the best way to tackle it.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 01:02:22 AM »

I think if an owner requested that from me, I would have to extract a solemn promise that they told no one where they got their dog groomed  ph34r  :lol2:

Actually, you'd be surprised at the number of groomers who have that as an idea of a "skirt"  >:( ::) If you think it looks bad on a cocker, wait till you see it on a terrier!  :020: :buttkick:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 09:47:11 AM »

I think if an owner requested that from me, I would have to extract a solemn promise that they told no one where they got their dog groomed  ph34r  :lol2:

I've done that before now too. It was a gold cocker but they liked the top knot left so floppy it was like an Afghan, and I wasn't to touch the beard (just like a billy goat) and the tail was to be left too. Trouble was that they didn't brush him as well as they should and so legs and under belly had to be clipped off. He looked hideous.
I said it in a very light hearted way "if anyone asks you where you got your dog done, please don't tell them I did it", I think they thought I was joking but I was actually deadly serious. >:(
Joules with Coco can vouch for the dogs look.  ph34r