Author Topic: Going over to the dark side.....UPDATED Pg 3  (Read 14930 times)

Offline mcphee

Re: Going over to the dark side.....UPDATED Pg 3
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2009, 08:26:06 PM »
Well I think she looks just perfect, not that I am biased about black cockers at all.

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2009, 08:32:18 PM »
I think she looks very smart  :luv:

but if it'd been me I'd have had the head and ear tops done too, each to their own. ;)

Offline puppy love

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2009, 08:33:39 PM »
I think she looks absolutely gorgeous.
Mims Saffs & Ins xxx

Offline SJP

• Site Member
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2009, 08:36:47 PM »
I think she looks very smart  :luv:

but if it'd been me I'd have had the head and ear tops done too, each to their own. ;)

I did have her top knot done (a little) and as for her ears, I was on pain of death from DD, who thinks she looks like Princess Leia from Star Wars when this is done.  Is that what you mean?
Sally & Lola xxx

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Re: Going over to the dark side.....
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2009, 08:43:39 PM »
It is only my personal preference and I appreciate that the worker's head and ears are completely different in shape to the show type and so it'd probably look silly, but I think Nicola's Tilly is a good compromise.

She looks gorgeous, don't take any notice of me.  ;) :lol2:

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2009, 09:40:05 PM »
It's ok SJP - you should see the way Michele looks at Jarv's top knot (I can almost see her fingers doing thinning scissor movements.... ph34r )
helen & jarvis x

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2009, 09:49:17 PM »
It's ok SJP - you should see the way Michele looks at Jarv's top knot (I can almost see her fingers doing thinning scissor movements.... ph34r )

We groomers can't help it  ph34r :005: I even find myself looking at the dogs owners and thinking "Let me take just a little bit right off there".... :lol2:

But I would never touch Jarvs tuftie  :luv:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2009, 11:18:47 PM »
I think she looks lovely :luv:  I did gets Tills' head clipped this time, her top knot was getting out of control and it's not so much a cute little tuft as a full on rug :lol2:  and the groomer also tidies the tops of her ears which I quite like the look of, I've seen it done on show Cockers and it's the same sort of effect, just thinning out the tops of them a bit so they don't look like they're growing out of her head at a 90 degree angle :lol2:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2009, 09:21:49 AM »

She looks very smart - though I'm inclined to agree I'd have wanted more feathering left...  :luv:

I keep changing my mind on Honey... I keep looking back to pics of her as an older pup and thinking how smart she looked... but I love my little fluffy girl  :luv: (although it's taking twice daily grooming to keep her looking lovely at the minute!!  :shades: ). 

Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline SJP

• Site Member
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2009, 02:44:54 PM »
Thank you for all your comments.  On her next visit to the groomers, I will revisit this thread to take note of what you've all said.  Any more comments gratefully accepted as I am a complete novice to this grooming lark.

Karma, that's why I had her clipped, I just could not keep up with the grooming.

Sally & Lola xxx

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2009, 02:48:44 PM »
She looks lovely, I think the groomer has done a great job. Can you send some of the excess fur to my two, they have hardly any!!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2009, 03:12:12 PM »
Thank you for all your comments.  On her next visit to the groomers, I will revisit this thread to take note of what you've all said.  Any more comments gratefully accepted as I am a complete novice to this grooming lark.

Karma, that's why I had her clipped, I just could not keep up with the grooming.

It will be much more comfortable for Lola without that rug on - TBH I much prefer this neater look  ;) have just about managed to get Jarv's to look brown instead of gingery today - his saving grace is that his feathers aren't that long otherwise I would have relented and clipped.  Some weeks he looks far better than others (and last week in his photo's it was definitely a bad hair week!)  And I get sick of people thinking he's tubby when his fur sticks out on his sides  :shades: 
helen & jarvis x

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2009, 03:33:24 PM »
It will be much more comfortable for Lola without that rug on - TBH I much prefer this neater look  ;) have just about managed to get Jarv's to look brown instead of gingery today - his saving grace is that his feathers aren't that long otherwise I would have relented and clipped.  Some weeks he looks far better than others (and last week in his photo's it was definitely a bad hair week!)  And I get sick of people thinking he's tubby when his fur sticks out on his sides  :shades: 

Better not let me hear anyone saying that Boy is Tubby  >:( >:( How very dare they  ::)

Helen, I think you could chop Jarvis with a pair of garden shears and he would still look as handsome as ever  :luv:

"My World is Orange" with a few blonde highlights
To the world my Cocker is just a dog, to me my Cocker is the World

Offline SJP

• Site Member
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2009, 04:32:05 PM »
One thing I forgot to say....how tiny Lola is without that hair, she looks so delicate and fragile now without all that hair to "bulk" her out  :luv:
Sally & Lola xxx

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2009, 05:00:42 PM »
Have just taken the clippers to Coco today as she was a proper fluffball.  >:(  She is now a lovely choccie colour instead of a gingery brown colour  >:(  I am sure she feels much better and cooler too judging by the way she has just been running around jumping over her agility course  ::) :005:  I try and leave her feathering but keep it looking fairly natural.  ;)  It is much more practical for us and makes it a lot easier to spot matts, ticks etc  :D  Not that she is at all grateful  ::)
Julie and Watson