Author Topic: Only Half Done ......  (Read 1479 times)

Offline Sue67

• Site Member
Only Half Done ......
« on: October 03, 2009, 12:08:55 PM »
This mornings clip has not gone to plan, still got both front legs, some undercarriage, chest, neck and one ear to do, OH won't be home for another couple of hours, anyone in Leeds fancy holding the snappy end of a very grumpy cocker?

She's also managed to work out a way to lay with all 4 legs tucked under her with not a bit of them showing.  >:D

Offline Boof

• Site Member
Re: Only Half Done ......
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 12:13:32 PM »
Aw, Indy :luv: I would if I lived closer :P

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 01:05:10 PM »
Poor you and Indy. Its not the easiest task is it?  Hope you manage to get some help. I always end up doing Charlie in stages, I get some strange looks when we are out and he's half cut.

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 01:25:19 PM »
I really sympathise with you, its not an easy job at all!  I would start teaching Indy the 'stand' command, as this would help.  Just plan to do half the grooming on one day and half on another, as it is so time consuming.  I have been doing my 3 for about 18 months now and i still take about 2 -3 hours to do each of mine.  They all have this 'special art' of being able to hide all their paws underneath them on the grooming table,  ::) so i do have to regularly get them to stand, but it is really them just playing up.  ;)  They also pick up on my 'soft, easy going' nature, so i have to be feeling very positive and determined whilst grooming them.  ;)

Do you have a grooming table?  If so you could use the harness/arm to help keep her still.  I am quite annoyed with myself as i seem to have mislaid mine.  ::)

Good Luck, and don't give up.  :blink:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline tots

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 04:18:50 PM »
oh nooo lol,
if u ever need any help give me a shout lol im in wakefield :D

Offline Sue67

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 06:04:11 PM »
IT'S DONE - PHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!

That was bloody hard work, she wouldn't cooperate at all, not even with OH coxing her, it's my own fault for leaving it so long - major matts in all the wrong places, I've marked on the calendar to do her again in 6 weeks - without fail!!!!

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 06:18:59 PM »

That was bloody hard work, she wouldn't cooperate at all, not even with OH coxing her, it's my own fault for leaving it so long - major matts in all the wrong places, I've marked on the calendar to do her again in 6 weeks - without fail!!!!

:banana: :clapping:  I think i would be having a nice drink after all that.  :D

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 09:23:02 PM »
Well done you. The key is to stay calm. I know this is sometimes hard, but the dog will pick up on your stress. I would like others have said. Do a bit with her daily on the table and always end on a good note. I do lots of training with my lot in my Salon without actually grooming them. Tally is by far the best as he gets the most work. He will get on and off the table and in and out of the drying cabinet on command and will stand for me to work, but this has taken a lot of work from a young age. He is so used to the grooming experience now, bless him. He actually loves the attention. Do you have restraints on your table. It's just that I find the belly strap invaluable for just this problem as it will help hold them in place.
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 09:53:44 PM »
Harriet goes in phases - sometimes, she just loves the attention, stands perfectly and will let me do absolutely anything.
Another day, she seems to hate it and just wants to get down and play!!!!!
We have to do it in stages cos I get back ache and she gets bored!  Little and often is my rule now.
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 07:26:06 PM »

I think it's 'well done you' for doing her.  I wish I were brave enough.  Just had my two boys in for grooming today, and it cost £70. Got to say though, I think groomers work hard for their money, so it isn't a complaint.  They are smart boys right now.
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx