Author Topic: Thinning scissors  (Read 1845 times)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Thinning scissors
« on: November 15, 2009, 10:40:45 PM »
My thinners are OK but with the quantity of coat Charlie has compared to Heidi, I could do with some better ones.  Mine are Roseline but the finger holes are a bit small for my fingers and that hurts (although this could be because I don't hold them properley  :-\)

IF money were no object, what thinners would you buy?  Hoping to look for some at LKA but want to research before then and possibly get some to avoid taking a yeti to the show  :shades:

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
Re: Thinning scissors
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 11:50:57 PM »
I love my thinners Jenny, a bit pricey but worth it. They are Geib Buttercut  ;)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 07:53:33 AM »
I love my thinners Jenny, a bit pricey but worth it. They are Geib Buttercut  ;)

If you have them with you next week, can I have a look?

I saw some at Crufts last year, VERY expensive but wish I'd tried them now and I can't remember the company yet.  OTH does spending £100plus make that much difference to ones costing £30 to £40.  :-\

Offline Marina and Saartje

• www.cockerandfriends.nl
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 08:16:47 AM »
My sister is a hairdresser and she prefers Japanese scissors. They are hand made and last a lifetime but they are very expensive like 300 euro.
I couldn't spend that much so a went for second best  ;) and bought scissor of the Jaguar brand, I bit better then the Roseline scissors
greetings,
Marina, Saartje and Teun

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 12:13:16 PM »
You get for what you pay for.
It is best to go buy the feel of the Scissors rather than the make find a pair that feel comfortable for you.

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 03:59:24 PM »
Just found the ones I looked at at Crufts - the Excalibur ones with the ergonomic handle  :o Splendid pets sell them.

Anyone got them - any good and am I better to go for a shorter pair (4.5") or longer when I want them for detailing like head ears etc etc....

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 04:18:30 PM »

I saw some at Crufts last year, VERY expensive but wish I'd tried them now and I can't remember the company yet.  OTH does spending £100plus make that much difference to ones costing £30 to £40.  :-\

I will bring them with me on Sunday Jenny, you can see if they feel ok for you  ;)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 04:21:02 PM »

I will bring them with me on Sunday Jenny, you can see if they feel ok for you  ;)

If I get there early enough you could demonstrate them - best bring finger cots too  :D

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 04:26:52 PM »

If I get there early enough you could demonstrate them - best bring finger cots too  :D

:005: you wouldnt let me loose on Charley boy  :005: In all honesty I havnt tried cheaper alternatives in thinners, but did buy expensive straight scissors and ended up with a little roseline pair for feet which i love. It defo is what you feel comfy with. 

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »
Most of my scissors are Razorline and I really love them. I get them from where I trained and they are £35 each plus £2 p+p. I have a really long pair, a medium pair, A tiny pair for feet etc and thinners. I also have a spare set as I use them an awful lot.  :shades: I also splashed out a while back on a curved pair of Oster scissors from Groomers and they are fantastic.
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx