Author Topic: furminater, coat king or the thing Nic mentioned  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
furminater, coat king or the thing Nic mentioned
« on: January 30, 2010, 02:46:27 PM »
Flynns a complete disgrace  ph34r :005:

I need to do something with him but not sure what, he gets notty easily and brings half a forset back with him from walks :huh:

Amber also had a beautiful dark red sleek coat when she arrived and is now a ginger fuzz ball  ph34r

Jack gets weird ginger patches on his sides and legs too.

I dont really want to clip them as apart from Flynn the others coats are quite easy to manage but would like to thin them out a bit. I would love to get rid of Ambers fuzz but im not hand stripping her.

Which thing is best to use?

Offline SimonandMandy

Re: furminater, coat king or the thing Nic mentioned
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 03:36:27 PM »
My groomer swears by Miracle Corps slicker brush for maintaining and I keep meaning to order one as she gets Harv's ears looking so good without having to chop them off.  Get them from link below

http://www.hubintsecured.co.uk/acatalog/Slicker_Brush.html

I personally don't like coat kings and furminators as they can snap the fur rather than strip just the dead fur out but I am no groomer so not the best to comment  :D

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 03:42:40 PM »
could it not just be a bit of winter coat which they will moult in the spring early summer.. mine get hairier in winter and smoother in summer??
 could you not just use a pair of thinning scissors to take off the worst bits to stop the dogs coat taking back half the forestry with you.. again I do that. my lot get feathers thinned before winter.

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 03:47:16 PM »
ambers fuzz is really short and I cant get at it with scissors, Flynns is too bad for scissors he really is wolly  ph34r

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 04:44:29 PM »
I really like my Coat King, Gari wouldn't allow me to use it on him, but Tia does, and I got a huge amount off her back and sides, and she looks a lot sleeker. :D

I didn't notice if it broke any of her hair, as her coat is so thick.
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 05:37:11 PM »
Could try the comb with a rubber band threaded through - found it worked really well with Misha's coat and really got a lot of the dead coat out - leaving the nice shiny coat.  Had to really do it every day though.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 05:40:03 PM »
Could try the comb with a rubber band threaded through - found it worked really well with Misha's coat and really got a lot of the dead coat out - leaving the nice shiny coat.  Had to really do it every day though.

works well on the back and less tender bits - and works better than the coat king on Jarvis  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 06:01:05 PM »

works well on the back and less tender bits - and works better than the coat king on Jarvis  ;)

I was just going to suggest this. Mind you I don't really think there's any real substitute for the old finger and thumb handstripping I'm afraid.  :shades:
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx