Author Topic: Groomers in South Lanarkshire  (Read 947 times)

Offline xlynnx

• Donator
Groomers in South Lanarkshire
« on: March 04, 2010, 11:36:17 AM »
Hi all, After zoe's first cut disaster  >:( (and then getting her beautiful coat shaved when she was spayed )  :'( I am looking for recommendations for a groomer in the south lanarkshire area.  I would like one that knows about cockers and can try to help her coat get back to what it was

Thanks

lynn
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline heatherAnn

Re: Groomers in South Lanarkshire
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 08:27:24 AM »
Hi   

I'm in Renfrewshire and have the same problem.

After Holly was spayed she went all cotton woolly and curly and extremely thick.  The groomers
I took her to just shaved her.   I was mortified!!!! >:(     
I am only new to having dogs, but I am sure that once they have been
shaved, there is not a lot that can be done.   
Sam has a long coat and I have been grooming and cutting him myself to
try and keep it long.   He has just been 'done' so hoping his doesn't change much.
They aren't show dogs, but lovely pets, so I'm not bothered too much if I haven't done
it perfectly.   

If there is a solution out there, please let us know.

Sorry I couldn't help you personally.

Holly and Sam's mummy x

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 10:15:14 PM »
Lynn, it's not in South Lanarkshire, but Wizard of Paws are very good - they know how do do proper Cocker cuts, and do handstripping. I haven't used them myself (yet :005:!), but know loads of folk who recommend them. :D

http://www.wizardofpaws.com/sections/homepage/homepage.asp#paws

They do loads of other things too, so I'm thinking of going along to some of their open days. :D
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline xlynnx

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 09:29:31 AM »
Hi Fiona

We have taken zoe for a bath there a few months ago, never actually thought of there.  Will make a wee phone call  ;)

lynn
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline heatherAnn

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 07:58:35 AM »
Hi

As previously stated I am from Paisley.   But I have just found a really great groomer.
He has only just started up his own business and has a shop along the road.

As I have already said, I have the same problem as yourself re Hollys coat ie very thick and
cotton woolly since being spayed. She is like a teddy bear.   It is lovely to look at, but
not manageable on a day to day basis.

On Saturday I took Holly to Kenny and explained what I was looking for.  Obviously not expecting
miracles!!!   I said I would rather Holly done in two sessions, as it takes a lot out of her if she
is there for 2 -3 hours (which has happened before).   I just wanted her legs and paws done at
the moment.   I stayed with her and held her and he trimmed her legs and paws right back, taking
his time and always asking is that enough off.   They turned out OK, although she hasn't got feathers
at the front.  It took him nearly an hour to do this.  The thinning scissors just wouldn't look at her.   He is hoping if I bring her back when
they start growing again he will be able to get her feathers back, like the back legs.
I am going to give him a try and see over the next few weeks if we can get her manageable again. Let me know if you would like
his telephone number.
Holly and Sam's mummy x