Author Topic: Tails, legs and feets' question!  (Read 606 times)

Offline SuperCat

• Murphy
Tails, legs and feets' question!
« on: March 15, 2010, 01:50:17 PM »
Hi, Murphy's tail looks really short, I've measured it (sad I know) but it's not but because he has just about every colour imaginable on his tail it looks really short and a bit out of proportion on his body, is there anything I can do grooming-wise to remedy this?

Also his front legs look as though he has Ugg boots on! I don't have clippers so could anybody direct me as to how to cut these for the show ring with thinners and scissors?

Finally I cut his feet extremely short because he is more comfortable like this, is this the kind of thing that would be penalised in the show ring?

Thanks!
Crowned 'Biggest Hooligan of the day' Solid Colours Cocker Spaniel Association show 25/4/10.

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: Tails, legs and feets' question!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 11:47:31 PM »
Yes, short trimmed feet are definitely what is wanted in the show ring. You don't really want to see indiviual toes, but you are aiming for a nice tight "cats paw" look when viewed from the side  ;)

If you cant get the fron legs handstripped out, use the thinning shears; point them in the exact direction the hair is growing; take 2-3 snips then brush out the hair. Repeat till you get the look you want.

Is Murphys tail docked or not?
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline SuperCat

• Murphy
Re: Tails, legs and feets' question!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 12:37:29 PM »
No, he's got a full tail.
Crowned 'Biggest Hooligan of the day' Solid Colours Cocker Spaniel Association show 25/4/10.