Author Topic: Grooming Tables  (Read 5524 times)

Offline catwillow

• Site Member
    • http://www.lapislumina.co.uk/
Grooming Tables
« on: November 29, 2004, 10:15:08 PM »
:(  I had no idea how expensive these table were!!! Does anyone have any idea whether it is possible to get hold of one second hand and if so how???? I hope this is the right place to ask this question  :unsure:

Take care all

Sheri xxx
Hugs n stuff

Sheri  XxX
Lilly, Murphy & Sally xxx

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Grooming Tables
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 10:41:10 PM »
You could always put a wanted ad in your local paper if they have a classified ads section or on the notice board at your nearest 'Pets at Home'.

Another place to check or place an ad is 'Exchange of Mart' ;)
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Grooming Tables
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 01:50:40 AM »
I got mine out of our local Adtrader, you can look through the adverts online. I got a very large (and heavy  :huh: ) Trolley Table for £55  B)  

Offline catwillow

• Site Member
Grooming Tables
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 12:22:50 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions  :)  
Have just checked in my local trade it to no avail, but will put a wanted add in there, and I might get lucky  B)

Take care all

Sheri xxx
Hugs n stuff

Sheri  XxX

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
Grooming Tables
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 12:41:42 AM »
Don't despair I looked for a good few weeks before I got mine  ;)  

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Grooming Tables
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 11:41:55 AM »
When I was looking for a grooming table Misty's breeder sent me a couple of clippings from a dog magazine of people selling them - I think they were from Dog World, which comes out weekly.

You could also maybe try posting a wanted ad on www.findit.co.uk - or do a search on there to see if anyone has one for sale in your area.

Offline Woody's Mum

• Site Member
  • ''The dog is the god of frolic''
Grooming Tables
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 11:45:22 AM »
There are some on ebay, just put in 'dog grooming table' in the search area, sorry couldn't put a link in for you - don't know how!
With Love, Toni & Woody xx

www.myspace.com/tonitee

Offline Angela

• Site Member
    • http://
Grooming Tables
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2004, 08:32:57 PM »
I just looked on Ebay as I am looking for a table.  The ones that I saw seem to be quite reasonably priced $61.00 which converts to about £31.00 but I calculated the postage to North Yorkshire from America and it worked out at $240.00.  Not so cheap as they seem. :o  
Angela & Dexter

Offline catwillow

• Site Member
Grooming Tables
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2005, 01:30:57 AM »
Well to update this story, which seems to have been going on a while now  :D I ordered a grooming table from a company called profleece, its a folding one but has no wheels.... was really looking forward to its arrival, but I was a little disappointed when it arrived, if didnt look like the one on the website  and the edging around the table was not as well attached as I felt it should have been...
So I emailed them that day, friday, not expecting anything much, but on saturday I got a reply.... and it was a lovely surprise..... not only did they apologise and say I would get a full refund, but they also said i could keep the table!!!!!!! for free!!!!!! Now that is what I call service  :) ... The vetbedding stuff I got from them is fantastic aswel, the pups love it and so do the 2 labs  :)  so we are all happy, as long as I can make my table as it should be and I do get my refund  B)  :huh:
Hugs n stuff

Sheri  XxX

Offline Angela

• Site Member
    • http://
Grooming Tables
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2005, 11:05:27 AM »
I bought a table with a control post from ProFleece and it was delivered this week.  I was happy with the table for what I paid for it (£95.99 including the control post and free delivery) as it was quite cheap compared to most others I have seem.
However, when I assembled it and attached the post I was extremely disapointed. :(  When I tighted the the arm on the control post the nut sheared straight off the arm, it was only attached with what looked like two blobs of solder. :o   I contacted ProFleece and they said that they would send me a new one out.  Nothing was mentioned about the broken one so while awaiting delivery of the new one I popped into the local car body shop to see if they could do anything with the old one.  They welded it for me free of charge.  :D  

This morning my new control post arrived which I thought I would just put it away for a spare.  When I opened it the same nut had sheared off in the post.  :angry:  I contacted ProFleece straight away to complain and told them I did not what another replacement so they said they are going to credit me for the post.

So I now have two posts one broken and one repaired but in working order free of charge also.

The man at Profleece was very appolagetic and offered a refund without question and the service was very quick.  Perhaps they just need to take a look at their suppliers as they are badly letting them down.    
Angela & Dexter

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Grooming Tables
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2005, 12:16:58 PM »
I enquired about a table from Profleece before Christmas - they told me the price of carriage but added that they didn't have any at that time as they had a problem with their suppliers  <_<   The carriage was far to high for me anyway so I didn't place an order.  Glad you got it sorted, Angela!
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Sass

• Site Member
Grooming Tables
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2005, 12:36:55 PM »
Just been on the Profleece site and it says postage is free?!
Can someone please advise what size grooming table is most suitable for a cocker.... 36"x24" or 30"x19"?
Have been searching various sites, but not having much luck!!
Any alternative suggestions welcome  :D
Thanks folks xx
Sass and Alfie xx

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Grooming Tables
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2005, 12:43:42 PM »
Not free to the Western Isles, Sass  :(   Was going to cost £40  :blink:
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Grooming Tables
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2005, 12:44:04 PM »
It depends how much space you have - but the 30" one should be fine.
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
Grooming Tables
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2005, 12:52:52 PM »
I thinki mine's alot bigger than that, can't remember the size though  :unsure:  mind you mine was second hand so I took what I could  ;)