Author Topic: which blaster to buy?  (Read 4624 times)

Offline Mybuddies

Re: which blaster to buy?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 07:24:58 PM »

Don't wave it around, work it in a slow smooth line. You'll have to experiment with getting the nozzle closer or further from the dog to prevent the whip-knots. The distance you hold the dryer from the hair will make a difference to the tangling. It helps when doing the feathering to blow them straight down until you get the technique  ;)

I us it on my clipped pair and the show pair....  I try to dry in the direction of the hair. Could also be used with a dry coat I guess

Thank you both, I appreciate that, I will be trying to get to grips with it this autumn and winter, thanks again

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 10:10:19 AM »
Thanks for all of the replies folks. Glad the thread has come in handy as well for other folks. It was really nice to speak to "my buddies" as well on Sunday. The dogs were dry but we all looked like drowned rats!  :005:
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 10:41:50 AM »
We use the DOUBLE "K" CHALLENGAIR 850XL Forced Air Dryer

http://www.peasridge.co.uk/acatalog/Dryers_-_Floor_Standing.html

The dryer below the Forced Air Dryer is a good one aswell

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 11:38:09 AM »
Can you fix up a normal blaster/dryer like the Aeolus to the cage to make it like a dryer "cabinet"  :-\

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 10:23:56 PM »
Can you fix up a normal blaster/dryer like the Aeolus to the cage to make it like a dryer "cabinet"  :-\

Yes  :blink:

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 11:14:06 PM »

Yes  :blink:

Thx  :shades: can you get a nozzle that disperses the air flow then or do you just bombard with jet from above.  I have a "third arm" (no comments thank you) but it would be good to be able to have one drying whilst I'm trimming another and one in the shower with DD... the conveyor belt system!

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie