Author Topic: eyelashes  (Read 1141 times)

Offline karenl

• Amber
eyelashes
« on: November 07, 2010, 12:20:08 PM »
my 15 month old gold cocker spaniel Amber is getting her lovely new winter furcoat but  Ive also noticed over the last few weeks she seems to be growing these huge new golden eyelashes!! is this normal? they don't seem to be bothring her at all  at the moment but i think they are getting longer every day !

Offline siam

• Site Member
Re: eyelashes
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 02:04:14 PM »
There was a thread on here a few weeks ago about long lashes. Alfie is 13months and has been having his trimmed at the groomers since he was 5mths old. They are usually about 2" long by the time he pays a return visit to the groomers after 8 weeks. As he is quite a hairy boy anyway, my son is not amused when he is mistaken for a girl and I don't think the long lashes help him look masculine! I think it's just the show type that have the long lashes, (my last cocker was a working boy and hadn't extra long lashes) but I could be proven wrong.

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=75941.0

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 05:37:30 PM »
I've just given Millie a clip and accidentally chopped of some eyelashes so the other side had to go as well  ph34r :'(.

Millie

Offline karenl

• Amber
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 09:07:10 PM »
thankyou for your replies Ive just looked at the other threads and it does seem to be quite common, didn't realise you could clip them, i will have to see how long they get ! at the moment they look very cute and as i said they don't seem to be bothering her.

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 09:18:17 PM »
Maggie's just grow and grow..... I trim them when I can see that they are affecting her, she starts blinking more often, especially when she's giving me the hard stare!
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline karenl

• Amber
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 09:53:53 AM »
yes  Ive had the hard stare , that made me laugh ! will look forward to the hard stare with extra long lashes then !