Author Topic: All off!!  (Read 1421 times)

Offline saffysmum

All off!!
« on: January 03, 2011, 02:59:46 PM »
About October, our old girl Ruby twitched while I was at a very delicate bit and I shaved straight through her feathers.  I couldn't cover it in any way so I gave her an 'all-off' and she hasn't looked back since!  She loves it and romps about like a loon outside again and smells much better too.  Sooo....today I decided to do Saffy too.  She is getting stinky and matted since the snowy weather and i's just started snowing again here so I decided that the hair had to go.  She looks fantastic!!  And she is loving it.  Running mental around the garden :005:.  All she has is her ears and her tail feathering.  Once I work out how to post photo's I will but I just wanted to share about my crazy spaniels and their love of baldness!!
Don't tell them but I will grow it back for the summer(maybe!!)
There is a puddle on the floor,
tis there for all to see,
now is this puddle H20,
or is this K9 pee?

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: All off!!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 10:41:44 PM »
Another one has come over to the Dark Side 

(mine love it too!  :005:)
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 06:09:35 AM »
 i try and keep my old girl short all over, she hates being groomed and can get stinky, she much prefers the short back and sides look  :005: :005:, keep Bruno pretty short too, though hes lost most of his feathers and tail due to chemo
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline HeatherandBenjy

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 01:23:26 PM »
Yep, I'm another fan of keeping them short. Archie hates being groomed, but loves going in the river / mud / through bushes etc!

The way I see it is that they're pets (ie I don't show them) so it comes down to what works best and for us its keeping them fairly short.  ;)
Heather, Buddy, Archie, Fizzy, Bruno and Amber!

Offline Jenna

• Bailey Boy!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 02:22:48 PM »
I have no choice but to keep their hair short- this weather can get seriously hot. I enjoy winter with my little fluff monsters but they are much more comfortable in the summer if their coats are short.

I find that we have to cut Bailey's hair every three weeks in the summer since he has been fixed- his coat grows like wildfire!

Offline xlynnx

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 03:45:14 PM »
another one here, zoe absolutley detests being groomed. :016: only thing that i wont have shaved is her ears. much more manageable but sometimes I would love her to look like some of beautiful cockers that have long coats
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline jakesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 08:22:15 PM »
Me too - I keep Jake short as he's such an active boy and always finds the dirtiest/wettest areas....and he feels the heat in summer too. He currently resembles a woolly mammoth as he's desperate for a haircut. Freddie will be getting a short back and sides too....especially once we've got him slim and trim again (which won't be long at all) :D

Offline Sheepscheeks

• Have to keep running or me feets will freeze!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 04:24:05 PM »
Yep, keep Freddie's feathers short - well the Pooch Mobile lady does! He is trimmed off short everywhere except ears and tail, which just get a tidy up.
Paula & Freddie x

Offline saffysmum

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 09:03:58 AM »
Yay!!!  Seems I'm not a terrible cocker mum after all.  why do I feel so guilty having a bald cocker? It suits our lifestyle so much and she no longer smells like a sock from the bottom of the laundry basket.  She comes in from a walk now and all it takes is a quick shimmy with a towel and she can come straight into the living room instead of being confined to the kitchen till she dried.
I think we should start a fan group for the baldy cockers :005:
PS  I also keep the ears and the tail.  Think that's the bits that make them look like 'cockers'.
There is a puddle on the floor,
tis there for all to see,
now is this puddle H20,
or is this K9 pee?