Author Topic: Coat King  (Read 1530 times)

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Coat King
« on: January 04, 2005, 10:56:43 AM »
After seeing SpeedyJaney's pics in the gallery of Jessie I was wondering whether to give a coat king a try on Scully. As I'm sure you all know her coat is like the woolliest sheep you have ever seen since she was speyed. I currently clip her about every 4-6 weeks.

The photos of Jessie really impressed me and I wondered if anyone can tell me more about coat kings and if anyone has tried to use it on a woolly coated dog?

I'd so love her to look (almost  :rolleyes: ) like she used to again!
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Coat King
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 03:32:05 PM »
Hi Liz,

If Scully looks anything like my Brook did, then I don't think you will have that much luck. The coat king was fine for using in between and possibly extending times between clipping(and believe me, we got a LOT of hair out), but it certainly didn't restore his coat to its natural state! He was a gold, neutered, and clipped quite a lot over the years so I think you can imagine what we were dealing with :rolleyes: Think wooly sheep having a bad hair day :ph34r:  
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Coat King
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 05:31:35 PM »
Pretty much what I thought Gill  :rolleyes: I wasn't expecting miracles...just hoping to find a dog under all the sheeps clothing  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
Coat King
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 11:23:22 PM »
Whoops! I was expecting miracles. I thought my black teddy would look like a Cocker Spaniel if I used it-he is 6 months old-should I get one ?  <_<  

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Coat King
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 03:42:03 PM »

I'd say "yes", they are invaluable to us pet owners - I personally don't know what I'd do without one. :)

As far as I know, Brook and Scully were both neutered and  then clipped for many years (both of which alter the Cocker coat - the clipping being the main reason why a Coat King won't have much impact.) You won't have such problems with your pup's coat when it is ready to come out - a Coat King will do the job perfectly and is easy to use even for a novice. The harder part is using the trimming scissors successfully but I'm not the one to give you too much guidance on that, I'm still learning myself. :D  

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
Coat King
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 02:40:25 PM »
:) Thanks for the advice. Can anyone tell me a good web-site to get the Coatking from as it is proving very difficult to get one locally? Also which one should I get? Barney is incredibly hairy- but very cute.

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Coat King
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2005, 03:41:29 PM »
There is a list of Grooming Equipment here, along with a list of places where they can be purchase online  :)

Have fun!!  

Mine have just been for a long walk to tire them out and they've had a bath - neither of them will let me within a mile of them with a hairdryer, so waiting for them to dry by the fire and then the coatking, scissors and brushes are coming out  :) .
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys