Author Topic: Very bad grooming experience....  (Read 4230 times)

Offline williamsmum

Re: Very bad grooming experience....
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 09:01:50 PM »
Find it hard to believe that the groomer didn't bath your dog even. Apart from anything else, your clipper blades last longer and are much less prone to damage on a dog that has been bathed first. Basic rule of grooming...

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 10:24:17 PM »
Find it hard to believe that the groomer didn't bath your dog even. Apart from anything else, your clipper blades last longer and are much less prone to damage on a dog that has been bathed first. Basic rule of grooming...

Well I'm not lying. 

Offline FancyNancy

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2011, 11:29:22 PM »
some of the hair do's you see are absolutely shocking! also people like myself go off to college to learn to be a groomer and are failed miserably. I now am lucky in that i work for someone who has won grooming competitions world wide, taught in the states and japan, and has been very successful. she is ironing out any bad habits i have had from college tuition days and most of my skills i have taken from show grooming. Sometimes we see dogs walk past the shop and you know instantly whether its yours or not becaus eof the hair do. we also get a lot of "fix it" jobs where other local groomers have messed up.
I have to say though, one of the things i love most about dog grooming is the transformation! i love really fuzzy scruffy puppys which come in and get their first trim and leave like an adult. I also love dogs which are really long or have grown out from an awful trim elsewhere and you get the chance to make them look fab and smart-its a very satisfying feeling :)

Offline williamsmum

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2011, 06:25:55 PM »

Well I'm not lying. 
No, I am sure you aren't, and I have seen some truly awful grooms over the years. But I can't understand how a groomer can spend so much money on clippers and blades (and the decent ones are not cheap!) only to ruin them by not following some basic rules. Makes you wonder how much training they have had - if any?  :-\