Author Topic: Completely clipped!  (Read 4118 times)

Offline Ebbysmum

• Donator
  • Lexi 5, Ebony 4, Maddie 1 and Gracie 2
Completely clipped!
« on: August 02, 2011, 04:05:37 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z5lfytF-Kk&NR=1

Was just browsing on you tube and found this :fear2:

I clip Ebony, but with a show clip so leaving long ears, feathers tail etc. Never seen anyone do this unless they have a skin condition or something!
www.saltdogstudios.co.uk  www.facebook.com/saltdogstudios
Handmade Dog Collars, Leads and Accessories

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
Re: Completely clipped!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 04:18:29 PM »
What a patient dog! Do you think the person doing the clipping is practicing sheep shearing :005:

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 04:21:37 PM »
Yes, I thought she was auditioning for a sheep shearing job  :lol:  Poor dog, he looked OK as he was.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »
Indie looks like that at the moment, she is clipped due to her coat texture but she normally has her ears still - the groomer last week took them off too.   She doesn't even look like a cocker anymore.   

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 04:41:33 PM »
well i think its a bit of an extreme cut but if its a hot country , good for the dog  :D
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Uncon

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 04:42:02 PM »
harve is rotten about grooming and loves being stripped down although he looks like a pointer with stunted growth! Red keeps her feathers and is good at being groomed. I don't show and so take the view that as long as they are happy...I'm happy!

Offline henryjack1dogs

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 04:55:50 PM »
Max my wild/lively cocker is clipped clean, nothing left on! :)  He has a very heavy coat and just can't cope, even leaving ears and feathers lasts a couple of weeks before it's wild again/matted. (I was trained as a dog groomer so it's clipped clean and smooth) He loves it, it allows the life he wants -  rivers/puddles/mud much easier to keep clean and he and I are happy! :)  My other cocker isn't - well not yet anyway.

If it suits the dog/owner then why not- each to there own. :)

Offline Ebbysmum

• Donator
  • Lexi 5, Ebony 4, Maddie 1 and Gracie 2
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 05:07:17 PM »
I didn't mean to offend anyone, and agree if the dog is happy that is all that matters, just seemed extreme. He was a very patient boy, bless him.

I know what you mean about the matts. I cut out loads of ebbys feathers, ears and armpits this morning. I said if she was a bot I should of called her Mat! :005:
www.saltdogstudios.co.uk  www.facebook.com/saltdogstudios
Handmade Dog Collars, Leads and Accessories

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 08:46:36 AM »
well i think its a bit of an extreme cut but if its a hot country , good for the dog  :D
Well if it is a hot country I hope they put sun cream on the scalped dog
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline JohnW

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 09:00:07 AM »
I hope that wasnt a video showing you how to groom a cocker 'even if it is stripped out' it was awful to watch, dangerous to clip your dog on the floor as so easy to nip or even cut the dog in the loose skin areas, I also hope she changed that blade or at least cooled those blades down as it was a very extreme cut and appeared to have no guard on that steel blade.  Hot country or not it wasnt good to watch and I wonder if the poor dog had a severe case of clipper rash the next day  ph34r

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 09:06:08 AM »
Lady gets an all over clip for the summer as here we get temps up to the mid 50C degrees and she cant cope if she has fur on.

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 09:11:24 AM »
The dog was so chilled - wish mine were like that when grooming! I thought the (human) foot that gradually worked it's way in on the right was funny. Jeff is clipped like that - he looks like a dalmation puppy afterwards, and watching the vid has reminded me he needs doing, so off to phone the groomer  ;)

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 09:23:18 AM »
My 2 were clipped very close following their gloss paint incident about 8 mths ago, they are now back to their former glory and will stay that way, they both have shaved bellys and armpits as this can't be seen but keeps them cooler. I am probably going to ofend loads of Colers now but its my opinion that if you can't cope with the grooming required to look after a heavily coated breed then get a short haired breed. Cockers are beautiful dogs and to see them shaved like sheep makes my heart bleed, fair enough a clip with feather, thats more or less what my 2 get now but to leave no ears or feathers >:( such a shame. (obviously there are cases where its unavoidable)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Ralu A

• Elmo
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 09:28:45 AM »
That's a little extreme, but if it's a hot country it's ok. I prefer the "show look" , with feathering. I clipped Elmo short at the beginning of summer and now I pray for his feathers to grow back :005:
Life is just better with two cockers :D
Raluca, Elmo and Scai
IMG_33556 by Ralu A

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 09:51:10 AM »
My 2 were clipped very close following their gloss paint incident about 8 mths ago, they are now back to their former glory and will stay that way, they both have shaved bellys and armpits as this can't be seen but keeps them cooler. I am probably going to ofend loads of Colers now but its my opinion that if you can't cope with the grooming required to look after a heavily coated breed then get a short haired breed. Cockers are beautiful dogs and to see them shaved like sheep makes my heart bleed, fair enough a clip with feather, thats more or less what my 2 get now but to leave no ears or feathers >:( such a shame. (obviously there are cases where its unavoidable)
Totally agree with you ;)
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum