Author Topic: Wet ear help  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Happygal

• Wispa now 2 years old
Wet ear help
« on: July 16, 2011, 07:33:13 PM »
Can anyone suggest how to keep Wispas ears a little dryer as at the moment every time she has a drink they come out wet half way up her ear and they are starting to smell a bit being constantly wet through.

I bought a so called spaniel bowl for her water which is supposed to keep her ears from going in the bowl but it doesn't work!!!  Does anyone else have this problem and is there an answer , apart from getting the hair dryer out every time she has a drink?

would appreciate any ideas, thanks :luv:

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
Re: Wet ear help
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 05:07:25 PM »
I remember asking about this a while back. A number if people recommended a kind of doggy snood that is available...I think you can find them on Amazon. To be honest my solution has been to ask the groomer to keep Pepper's ears short. I am happy with how they look (you can see his picture0, although obviously it would be no good if I was showing him. He is always getting wet and his ears seem to take ages to dry out! I am sure other people will come up with other alternatives! ;)

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 05:11:54 PM »
Hi

I've got the same problem.  Toby drips all down his legs and feet and gets soaked.  I'm looking at this at the moment, seems just what we're looking for.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Road-Refresher-108E-Bowl-Large/dp/B001GULX04/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311091812&sr=8-1

PS - don't forget to read the customer reviews.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline julie1

• Julie & Kez
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 07:53:41 PM »
I recently bought a cat bowl from the market for a couple of pounds, its small but deep, Kez's head seems small to me & it doesn't let her ears in.
regards from Julie & Kez

Offline Miadanu

• Donator
  • Merlin
    • COL Sussex Meetups Information Thread
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 10:04:34 PM »
We use stainless steel bowls in an adjustable height stand which keeps his ears bone dry.  The only time they get wet now are bath time and walks :)
This isn't the one but very similar
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_bowls_feeders/stainless_steel_bowls/dual_steel_bowls/205134

Offline Happygal

• Wispa now 2 years old
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 10:33:22 AM »
ah thanks for all your ideas. The non slip bowl I already have but it's still quite wide so never thought of using this. Might give it a go. I do like the idea of the adjustable height bowls as this sounds a sensible way of helping with the problem. Might also look at the cat bowl too.

cheers for all your help so far :luv:

Offline black taz

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 01:18:11 PM »
When i give taz a raw egg, i always put it in a pint measuring jug - ears dangle either side!  perhaps it would work with water too.

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 02:58:59 PM »
When i give taz a raw egg, i always put it in a pint measuring jug - ears dangle either side!  perhaps it would work with water too.

This sounds a good idea except I'm a bit worried he might knock it over and break the glass, umm will have to think of a way of making it non knock overable.  :huh:

Offline black taz

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 01:22:19 PM »
put it inside a bigger bowl - then if he does knock it over, the bigger bowl with catch most of the water.

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 04:57:46 PM »
put it inside a bigger bowl - then if he does knock it over, the bigger bowl with catch most of the water.

good idea - will try it thanks

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 01:50:47 AM »

Offline hoggar

• coco
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 06:26:07 PM »
sorry just read this .... we use a travel bowl its grey and has a floating plastic bit in side with a black rim ..... it only allows a small amount of water on the top of the floating plastic when they lick it so no wet ears or floor .... sorry i don't know that it is called .... yes i do its called a road refresher bowl hope this helps ....
Sam , Indie  and coco x x x x

Offline Happygal

• Wispa now 2 years old
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 10:29:24 AM »
well i've bought the adjustable twin bowls and put them quite high up. Problem not qutie sooooo bad now but she still gets the tips wet. I think she does it on purpose  :005: :005: :005:

I have a road refresher bowl and used it for a while but the only problem i had with this is that she drinks quite a lot and I find it qutie difficult to keep removing the grey rim to clean it out as i find it gets soooo dirty (the water) . However i've not used it with Wispa so i may give this a go next time i'm at the house and can collect it. thanks for the reminder that i had this :005:

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 10:54:09 AM »
I've just ordered the road refresher bowl and will let you know what I think of it.  It's had brill write ups but one other person did say it was difficult to remove the top.  I anticipate having to clean it out every ten minutes (honestly  :lol:) cos Toby constantly has a dirty mouth from eating the garden LOL.