Author Topic: Completely clipped!  (Read 4118 times)

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
Re: Completely clipped!
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2011, 10:32:30 PM »
No apology as I stand by my opinion, however I would like to make it clear that when choosing a dog coat care and type should be taken into account along with all their other traits, I am not suggesting that you are an unfit owner because you choose to completely shave your dog, but potential owners also read this forum and I think its a valid point that if you can't cope with their coat maybe another breed would be better suited (that is before you buy a Cocker) I am not for one minute suggesting that those who shave their Cockers are Evil and should hand their dogs into the nearest rescue, I really think you need to go back to the beginning of the thread and reread it, I honestly feel you have been a little OTT in your responses.
Your opinion is that I put my dogs appearance before its welfare but I am not offended by that its your opinion, everyone is entititled to their own opinion.
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2011, 10:32:44 PM »

How about a retraction of the comment and an apology Bajoleth?

Oh please grow up.

A difference in opinion which is what a forum is based on,will cause offence from time to time but as adults it shouldn't bother us <roll eyes>
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline penfold

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2011, 10:33:11 PM »
I think sometimes that it is difficult on a written forum to get the exact nuances (sp) of meaning across, as you would in a conversation.  (even allowing for smilies  ;) )  

I don't think for one minute that anyone on here loves their cockers any less than others or that we would view any other peoples dogs as lesser just because they  had a short back and sides.  :blink:  (or full show skirts or whatever)

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2011, 10:58:44 PM »

How about a retraction of the comment and an apology Bajoleth?

Oh please grow up.

A difference in opinion which is what a forum is based on,will cause offence from time to time but as adults it shouldn't bother us <roll eyes>

Yes, and when a comment does cause offence, the person who makes it should perhaps be "grown up" enough to apologize to the person they offended. I have done so on this forum a couple of times; I like to think I am sensitive and "grown up" enough to realise when I've really upset someone and apologise for any offence I've caused them. I don't necessarily agree with them, but I don't mean to deliberately upset people, in fact I hate upsetting people, and when I do I apologise. If I said "I'll probably offend people but I think people who don't clip their cockers in the summer are cruel and shouldn't own a cocker" I'm sure I WOULD offend people who don't clip their cockers in summer, and would apologise to those who I did offend and explain that I wasn't directing my comments at them (although I can't see how making a comment like that can be construed as NOT being directed at people who don't clip their cockers in summer).     

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2011, 11:01:32 PM »
I apoligise for offending you ;) but I do not apologise for my own opinion.
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2011, 11:08:49 PM »
On that note I think it's time to put this thread to bed  ;)
helen & jarvis x