Author Topic: Groomers in the GWENT area??  (Read 819 times)

Offline Hurley

Groomers in the GWENT area??
« on: July 15, 2011, 07:13:51 PM »
Any recommendations for good groomers in the GWENT area?

thanks
Ceri

Offline leisl

• Donator
  • Hi-Life PAT Dog of the Year!
    • Muppet - PAT Dog of the Year Winner 2010/2011
Re: Groomers in the GWENT area??
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 01:41:11 PM »
I use Sam Gane @ Lush Puppies in Newport.  its just changed its name to Canine corner over in spitty.  I always make sure I get Sam G on my two though - 01633 290999.

Leisl, Muppet & Krumble
Orange ones are more juicy!!

Offline lucyfo

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 10:19:18 AM »
I've been taking my Maddy to Sam at Lush Puppies / Canine Corner for the last 2 years on Leisl's excellent recommendation and she is FANTASTIC - but when my OH collected her last time (12th July), Sam said she wouldn't be there for the next visit as she was leaving!! OH didn't like to ask if she was going elsewhere as there were lots of her colleagues around at the time and now I don't know what to do.

Leisl - I don't suppose you know any more do you?? Sam is just wonderful and Maddy loves her - it's already a 90 minute round trip for us to see her in Newport but I would happily follow her somewhere new as she is absolutely worth it. If you hear anything please do let me know...

Offline bluemoonrose

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 06:43:52 PM »
That's where we take Ollie (also on Leisl's recommendation), didn't realise Sam was leaving?  We've got an appt on 6th Aug - hope she's still there then?

Offline lucyfo

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 10:10:47 AM »
Well, not sure of the dates but Maddy's next appointment is 22 August and she said she wasn't going to be there then. If you hear any news on 6th Aug please do let me know - Sam's just wonderful. I do hope she is just going elsewhere locally so we can follow her as the thought of having to find a new groomer is not remotely appealing!

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 01:17:34 PM »
Can you message her through facebook?? Or phone the shop and ask to speak to her, and give her your number??
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline leisl

• Donator
  • Hi-Life PAT Dog of the Year!
    • Muppet - PAT Dog of the Year Winner 2010/2011
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 05:21:26 PM »
Right, leave it with me. I know where she might be. She has already left but I might be able to find her. Watch this space. Lxx
Leisl, Muppet & Krumble
Orange ones are more juicy!!

Offline lucyfo

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 12:03:39 PM »
Hi Leisl,

Did you have any joy finding Sam?? If not I'm going to have to find somewhere else to take Maddy as I was only driving all that way for Sam... Do you have any inclination where she might be? (Can you sense the desperation?!!)

Thanks, L x