Author Topic: Price of groomers  (Read 2173 times)

Offline jann

• Site Member
Re: Price of groomers
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 09:57:37 PM »
I pay £22 each for my two, for a bath, clip, nails and anal glands  !   :D

Offline louisedi

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2011, 08:51:57 PM »
I heard today, it costs £50 to hand stripp cocker out think I might put my prices up, good job you found a person wh has cockers too trim him out x

Offline Manster62

• Dylan and Daisy
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 10:41:08 AM »
Dylan is a very woolly chocolate boy - so is bathed, clipped - leaving feathers and a skirt (don't tell him he's wearing a skirt though!  :005: ) - claws trimmed and anal glands emptied - for £20. Daisy hasn't had a full trim yet, but is going in a couple of weeks - same cost.
Dylan - b: January 2010  and  Daisy - b: March 2011
RIP Meggie - b: February 1997  - d: December 2009

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2011, 10:49:05 AM »
I think the cost of grooming varies enormously depending on what part of the country you are in (same with vets as i have just learned  >:( ) there have been other threads about this.

I pay £37 for Rube to be bathed,clipped leaving feathers and nails if i ask.  :blink:

I have just edited to say as we had Ruby groomed two days ago.........

It worked out £10 in diesel for the trips back and forth on grooming day,plus the tip makes it more like £50  :o :o :o
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Biker3

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 05:55:06 PM »
I'm in Ireland and I pay €100 (about £85) to get my 3 done. They all get a bath, glands and nails done. Kaiya and Trinity also get their coats hand stripped. My groomer is expensive compared to others but she is very, very good. After an incident where I brought Kaiya to a cheaper groomer and she came back totally clipped and looking like a labrador, I will never go anywhere else!!
The Irish Girls - Kaiya(Cocker), Trinity(Collie X) & Adria(Pointer X)

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 06:11:39 PM »
Just had Odie's mega fluffy legs thinned 'n' trimmed, skirt shortened, nails trimmed, bathed and general tidy up and it cost me £23.
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Welsh_Wizard

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 06:20:32 PM »
Just bought a set of Wahl dog clippers at Pets At Home. £35.

Spent some time watching the instructional DVD and some other YouTube clips and just grabbed the little bleeder'   :fear2: 

Happy to say that after approximately 1.5hrs, Nacho looks divine and considerably less fluffy.

Offline c19unn

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 08:51:44 PM »
I was 32.00 :-O
I am going to buy what I need and watch and read Up and give it a go myself also
My Mummy's name is Charlene
My name is Diesel

Diesel DOB:16-04-11

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 10:05:34 PM »
I was 32.00 :-O
I am going to buy what I need and watch and read Up and give it a go myself also

Goodness, that seems a lot considering what little needed doing!

We had groomers only do Morgan's paws and nothing else until his puppy coat was ready to come out (that didn't start happening until around 8 months) it only took a very short time and I was only charged under £10.

I wouldn't be in any hurry to take him back to a groomer's for a while, and that will give you time to find a really cocker-savvy groomer. Does his breeder offer a grooming service? It's a cocker breeder and show-er who now does Morgan for me, she handstrips and only charges £20.
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline Evadee

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 10:14:12 PM »
Costs us £10 to have Tia's ears, top knot, legs, paws and knickers tidied up.  Groomer just scissor cuts and it looks nice and natural, it's a mobile groomer who lives nearby, Tia loves her!

Offline fizzyntiffy

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2011, 11:10:09 AM »
Tiffany went to the groomers yesterday, it takes about 45 mins and I stay with her - it was £20 for clip, cut, skirt shortened, go-faster belly strip  :005: & claws.  Her groomer shows & occasionally breeds cockers so knows what she's doing.  Really glad I found her.