Author Topic: Diesel Has his first Grooming Appointment - WITH better AFTER PICS  (Read 4783 times)

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
Re: Diesel Has his first Grooming Appointment - WITH better AFTER PICS
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2011, 07:58:30 AM »
He looks lovely before and after Charlene but I know how upsetting it can be if they have a cut you are not happy with, my 2 always have all their feathers and skirts etc as much of a show look as I can achieve, but they had an incident with Gloss paint 10 mths ago and they were both completely shaved, Belle looked like a lab pup and Monty looked like a little Great Dane, to say I was devastated was an understatement, BUT within 6 mths they were more or less back to their old selves, and now you would never know ;)
I think you will be able to trim Diesel by yourself, Cockers seem to fall into catergories when it comes to coat, the darker blues and Blacks tend to have more difficult thicker coats, and the lighter shades tend to be easier to manage, Diesel has a lighter coat and for his age in the before pics doesn't look profuse at all, you should have seen Belle (black) at 5 mths  :o Monty my Golden/Red has a much easier slow growing coat that looks much like Diesels and is easy to manage. Get him used to the table lots iof treats annd a little comb through a couple of minutes a day so he sees the table as somewhere he will get treats and then slowly work up from there, we have all made mistakes but don't worry it does grow back.
I would a comb with an elastic band to get out his puppy fluff, good luck ;) Jo
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2011, 09:30:02 AM »
:-) well hopefully it will grow quickly as we have a cocker meet on the 2nd Oct and I want him to be pretty lol :-)

He'll look pretty!!! can't wait to meet him!!  What groomer did you use? P@H one made my mums tibetan terrier look a little wonky!!

You got it in 1 lol won't be taking diesel back  :005:

Oh dear. I really shouldn't comment here.  :shades: I personally wouldn't have gone anywhere near his coat with clippers. It's thin and mainly White and really didn't need it at all. A slight trim up is all that was needed. I may have stripped his back a little to tidy if it was needed, but all this would have been discussed with you before hand. I too have the same problem as Sarah at times, but it only takes a good discussion with the owner to get exactly what they want and I also have a form for them to fill out including the groom that is signed at every visit, so we're all sure. I do think though it's shouldn't have been difficult to understand the difference between a slight trim and a clip off. Hmmm just a slight difference.  :shades: :005: The good thing though is it's hair and it grows. He'll be back to himself in no time I promise.  ;)

xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2011, 09:39:57 AM »
Know exactly how you feel, Misha's first trim was awful.  They said that they would handstrip but they clipped instead.  Thankfully it did grow back nicely so don't worry too much.

After Mishas first clip

After a few months she got a good shine to it - I just kept on top of it myself with a comb and an elastic band.

However now that she's been spayed her coat has to be clipped otherwise she resembles a woolly bear  :luv:
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2011, 12:04:53 PM »

All ell naturale here not a brazillian in site
Oops wrong forum  :lol2: :lol2:

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2011, 09:03:16 PM »

Oh Diesel looks like my Jodie

This was Jodie after her trim at about 9 months & like Diesel is very light coated on her back so she is only every hand stripped.

Not sure if this would be of any help to Cocker owners that would like to learn how to clip & trim their own cockers but I would be more than happy to offer one to one instruction over the winter months when I am not so busy myself.

I am based in South Cheshire but very close to Staffordshire & Shropshire borders so if you are prepared to travel to me, quite happy to cover h/s, clipping and combination clipping/h/s suitable for spade cockers that you would still like in a show style trim.

Pm if you are interested 
Aljeana & the Baddley Pack

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2011, 09:58:17 PM »
To put it in perspective here's Millies first before and after pics  ph34r :005:. She was so matted there was nothing to do but shave it off but she didn't care  ;).

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n310/sarahhollister/DSCF5126.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n310/sarahhollister/DSCF5139.jpg

Millie

Offline c19unn

• Donator
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2011, 08:16:46 PM »
Supergirl that's what diesel looks like but shorter all over - he looks like he has a helmet on the back of his head as it's a big cut in :-( I suppose I shall know next time to take in a pic  :005:
My Mummy's name is Charlene
My name is Diesel

Diesel DOB:16-04-11

Offline c19unn

• Donator
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2011, 08:18:19 PM »
Well I suppose that I am happy that I still have him - what's a dodgy haircut Eh
My Mummy's name is Charlene
My name is Diesel

Diesel DOB:16-04-11