Author Topic: To have, or not to have - whiskers?  (Read 2835 times)

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
Re: To have, or not to have - Long lashes?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 09:13:41 PM »
Hi

Gracie our 18 month old orange roan girl has extremely long lashes!!! - i worry they might annoy her but ive never been game to trim them in case it made her feel uncomfortable ... does anyone else trim eyelashes? 

Gracie's are so long they curl over and touch her whiskers!!

Is it likely that trimming her lashes would cause her discomfort ?  I wonder if she would be more comfortable with shorter ...

Your advice would be as always much appreciated!! :)

Ellie is also orange roan and her eyelashes grow long.  I trim them every 4 or 5 weeks.  The golden spaniel next door also has eyelashes that grow and they used to leave them very long, so long that they were in front of her eyes and she was screwing up her eyes to see.  I had to say something to them about it and now they keep them shorter for her.     

Shell M

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: To have, or not to have - whiskers?
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 09:55:14 PM »
I couldn't ever trim Jarv's whiskers, even if I ever wanted too - they're so sensitive and he flinches if I touch them  :-\

I do think they're a sensory aid.
helen & jarvis x

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
Re: To have, or not to have - whiskers?
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 03:03:07 PM »
I suppose it is a matter of personal experience. We've never had any problems with eyelashes or whiskers but now take them off automatically now we are showing  :D
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).