Author Topic: Please recommend a good groomer on Merseyside  (Read 475 times)

Offline Rand Hobart

Please recommend a good groomer on Merseyside
« on: October 26, 2011, 10:40:28 AM »
Hi everyone,
                 Today we tried out the new clippers on Nell, our 9 month old blue roan. Who needs a pro dog groomer? We can do this ourselves, yes?
Well..no as it turns out. Nell is lovely dog but a bit flighty. trying to keep her calm as we clipped her was all but impossible and even with me holding her, Mrs H clipping and the two little H's feeding her tit bits to distract her, after ten minutes of frustration we had only managed to do down her back scissored around her back feet. (a bit)
So it off to the cupboard under the stairs with the clippers (along with the Ronco nasal clippers and salad spinner that we never use)  :005: until Nell is a wee bit older and a wee bit calmer.
Can anybody recommend a good experienced spaniel groomer on  Merseyside? I have heard a couple of horror stories so I would rather go by recommendation than the yellow pages.
Many thanks R
Ps The hair on the crown of Nells head never lies flat, but stands up in a mad tangle. Can anything be done about it or is it just our Nell and we'll have to get used to it? :-\

Offline sueneil

• Site Member
Re: Please recommend a good groomer on Merseyside
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 04:55:50 PM »
Send me a personal email and I'll give you a reliable contact! Sue

Offline Rand Hobart

Re: Please recommend a good groomer on Merseyside
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 07:52:10 AM »
Thanks Sue. :blink: