Author Topic: Dog Groomer around Telford / Shropshire  (Read 485 times)

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
Dog Groomer around Telford / Shropshire
« on: December 27, 2011, 08:45:44 PM »
Hi,

I would like to take Jinley for a tidy up before our holidays mid January and wondered if anybody knew a good Cocker groomer around Telford /Shropshire / Wolverhampton?

She is only 5 months at the moment, and as I may want to show her at a later date I wanted somebody who she could get used to.

Also, what should I be asking for (didnt want her to come back with short back and sides! >:()
Thanks

Pat

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
Re: Dog Groomer around Telford / Shropshire
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 03:47:52 PM »
Hi Pat

Are you looking for a groomer that will groom her for you if and when you show her ? which would mean you need a groomer that knows how to present your dog to its best.  In that case did you have Jinley from a show home as that would be the best person to go to, very often show breeders will offer to do the inital grooming/stripping & trimming for you. You could also then go to some of the breed grooming seminars that are held. to be able to do it yourself.

Or are you after a groomer that will start to get her used to being groomed and put her into a pet/show trim without clipping her ?

I do not live in Telford myself now about 20 miles away but when I did show there was a Gun Dog society that used to hold shows in the Telford and Shrewsbury area so I would check with the Cocker Club for groups in your area you may be able to pop along to a show quite local and ask around.

Aljeana & the Baddley Pack