Author Topic: Ruby's going to the Groomers for the first time I'm terrified!!  (Read 777 times)

Offline rubytuesday007

Ruby is booked in for her first grooming appointment eeekk, as she doesn't seem to have much of a long body coat that won't be touched I'm just having her mad scientist looking ears trimmed and her scruff pup feet!! But for a better idea can anyone post pics of there workers and how they have them groomed please clipped vs handstripped as I'm not sure which route to go down when the time comes??

Offline kalami

• Site Member
Re: Ruby's going to the Groomers for the first time I'm terrified!!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 11:53:01 AM »
Bella (nearly 5yrs) hardly ever gies to the groomers as shes gotten older I take every 4-6 months but that's mainly for a good scrub, while she's there she gets her ears trimmed mainly the bit behind the ears. Her legs and paws done, these get cut fairy short. Her tail trimmed as when longish the fur dangles in poo when she does one. And her bottom area gets trimmed.
Apart from a few whispy bits that's it, the fur on her body has never required cutting.

Mollys 10 months and not had anything done yet

Offline rubytuesday007

Re: Ruby's going to the Groomers for the first time I'm terrified!!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 03:03:30 PM »
Thanks for your response Kalami, Ruby is back and i'm very pleased she has only had a tidy up for now of paws and ears and the groomer had a good look at her coat and advised me to buy a spratt 73 comb and then she seems to think she will rarely need doing either just ear and paw tidying