Author Topic: Pictures of Clipped Cockers Please?  (Read 9525 times)

Offline fr1day

Re: Pictures of Clipped Cockers Please?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 06:55:23 PM »
My little girl looks a lot like your Ruby at the moment, except the fur on her legs has gone really thick and woolly. She's a dark blue roan, so I had already wondered if she would go all spotty looking when clipped. Bless her, it doesn't help that her brother is an ex-show that we rehomed recently, and he has the most beautiful coat ever! Have managed to keep him looking super with just a Coat King, so in comparison she looks like the poor, ugly little sister  :005:

I know that the shorter you clip them, the longer they can go in between trips to the groomer. But if I buy some clippers myself, would it be possible to leave the hair longer on the back and upper hocks so it looks more like it has been handstripped or done with a Coat King?

I'm loving the photos so far, JennyBee your Brodie is gorgeous  :luv: I so want a chocolate roan for our next addition!

Offline smellydog

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 07:12:07 PM »
Cooper about 8 months

Cooper about 18 months

We ummed and ahhed about clipping him , took the plunge and never looked back easier to clean and look after especially as he's always in the river and woods , smells better too , I never went to a groomer just did it myself with some £20 clippers took about 2 hours to clip him (aching back) , first few attempts were maybe not that good but getting better with every clip , just bought some andis 2 speed clippers and they're great , call me tight (the wife does) but I refuse to pay a groomer £30-£40 every 6 weeks.

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 07:28:12 PM »
Lady - Orange Roan, fully clipped because we get really extreme heat and humidity here and she cant cope with it if we leave her fur even slightly long.

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 07:33:48 PM »
It's so lovely looking at the pics of all these gorgeous cockers  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 06:49:10 PM »
Just noticed this thread and thought I would post a couple of pictures of Rosie.

Rosie is now 11 years old and is spade and has always had a very heavy coat I clipped her from when she was about 4 years old for a couple of years 2/3 times a year and then decided to grow her coat out again and with a combination of Micky combes and Coat Kings I now have her with her back natural and just clip her legs and arm pits.

I must admit I prefer her how she is now

Clipped back & Legs

And Now just legs clipped

Aljeana & the Baddley Pack

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 11:08:57 PM »
aljeana, she is gorgeous :luv:, I am a huge fan of the coat king and I use it with both of mine and they both look very similar to your Rosie (coat wise that is)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 12:34:09 AM »
Louie is clipped - here is today in a handling competition so actually clean rather than his usual mud covered shots

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 06:53:29 AM »
I keep pondering about clipping Max too.
Do you want to do him Jenny?  :005:
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 07:14:08 AM »
Jeff  :luv:  :luv:  :luv:
William  :luv:  :luv:  :luv:

......yes indeed - sorry haven't got a pic just wanted to swoon over these two  ph34r :005:

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 07:57:34 AM »
I keep pondering about clipping Max too.
Do you want to do him Jenny?  :005:

Bring him over - no prob  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline fr1day

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 08:54:24 AM »
Aljeana - Rosie is so gorgeous!  :luv: :luv:

Think I'm going to persist for the moment with the Coat King... May have to shave her all over one day, if ever I move back to Texas. For the minute I think I'll just have to come to terms with the fact that I'm not profficient enough to make her look as good as her brother. Bless my wee minx, if only her mother wasn't so vain about her looks!  :lol2:

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 05:55:05 PM »
Aljeana - Rosie is so gorgeous!  :luv: :luv:

Think I'm going to persist for the moment with the Coat King... May have to shave her all over one day, if ever I move back to Texas. For the minute I think I'll just have to come to terms with the fact that I'm not profficient enough to make her look as good as her brother. Bless my wee minx, if only her mother wasn't so vain about her looks!  :lol2:

I must admit it was a very hot summer when I decided to clip Rosie as she had a very heavy coat I was amazed how long it took me to clip her down the first time.  After the last time I clipped her I started straight away using a fine comb and a coat king so that I never let it get so thick again.

Now her back coat is long but silky and quite fine so really pleased and easy to manage
Aljeana & the Baddley Pack

Offline theshrew

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 11:05:34 AM »
Brodie's coat has been terrible since she was spayed and the older she gets the worse it is :o. There is just so much of it and it grows extremely fast. She has to get clipped every six weeks, and has to be done quite short otherwise by the time she's ready for her next clip she's a matted mess.

Here she is not long after a clip:

This is exactly what I after. Do you do it yourself ? If so could you give me a idea of how what blades you use etc please. My mum normally does missy but she always ends up far to short

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 12:25:51 PM »
Brodie's coat has been terrible since she was spayed and the older she gets the worse it is :o. There is just so much of it and it grows extremely fast. She has to get clipped every six weeks, and has to be done quite short otherwise by the time she's ready for her next clip she's a matted mess.

Here she is not long after a clip:

This is exactly what I after. Do you do it yourself ? If so could you give me a idea of how what blades you use etc please. My mum normally does missy but she always ends up far to short

Unfortunately I don't, it's a groomer who does it. I do know she uses the scissors a fair bit on her, but apart from that I'm clueless :P

x In memory of Barney x

Offline theshrew

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 02:49:35 PM »
Ok no probs  ;)