Author Topic: Pictures of Clipped Cockers Please?  (Read 9526 times)

Offline VickyG

• Holly & Henry - Double trouble!!
Re: Pictures of Clipped Cockers Please?
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2012, 11:16:44 AM »
Bob..... funny he is at the groomer right now....

I love Bob  :luv:  :luv:

and I'm thinking of getting mine clipped to look a bit more like a traditional cocker, ie leave a bit of skirt and legs but then clip all over.  Can I ask what you ask for when Bob's at the salon?  I love the way his head and face are really short and his ears are still long but clipped, what size blade do they use? is Bob castrated? 

How often do you take him to be clipped or do you do it yourself?  I've got cheap P&H clippers that I bought to have a mess around with but the only trouble is when I put the dog on the table (kitchen table  ph34r) they just wont stand still so it taskes 2 of us hours to try and have a go and hubby has said i need to learn how to do them myself as he is bored when he has to stand them still  :dunno:

Does anyone know how i should go about growing their fur back, shall I just leave them to nature and then take them to the groomers when they are long and get her to clip it then ala Bob (i can take in a photo of Bob if you wouldn't mind).

cocker spaniels make everything ok

Offline Catie74

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2012, 01:38:17 PM »
I had Archie neutered 1 year ago and it does not seem to have affected his silky coat.  I have just got the coat king and I am very happy with that.  i have vowed never to have him clipped and so fat fully intend to stick to my guns.  The more people I speak to, the more I am convinced this is the right decision for him.  Infact, a groomer who happened to be in the pet shop the same time as me told me that Archie's coat would change colour a little too. 

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2012, 01:57:51 PM »
VickyG Hi
I think when i 1st took Bob to the groomer i had a photo
Of the kind of thing i wanted. He has his tummy clipped and under his armpits i don’t know what size blade they use on him..
Yes he is castrated 
I take him every 8 weeks, but i have done him myself before
You be more then welcome to take a photo of Bob to your groomer no problem happy to help...
I would just take them to the groomer and show them what you are after and let them clip where is needed and let the rest to grow in it won’t take long..

Re grooming them yourself.... when i 1st started to do Bob
He would sit down. And i was forever trying to get him to stand up
In the end i used to cut him on the work top and tie his lead to the
Cupboard above, so he could not move so much...

I will see if i can find a better photo for you