Author Topic: Ear / head styling  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Ear / head styling
« on: July 09, 2012, 10:36:50 AM »
Riley had his first trim two weeks ago. I was pleased at the time, she did take a bit off his head and going toward the top of his ears , I thought maybe a tad short at the time. However in the two weeks its growing in the tops seem to be sticking out at such an angle, looking really messy, I had wondered did she concentrate too much on his head going toward his ears when cutting if anyone knows what I mean.

Heres a couple of photos to see how they "stick out" at the very top of the ears. Does this look wrong to anyone else?

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
Re: Ear / head styling
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 11:08:41 AM »
In my opinion its just the awkward length stage. I love the sicky out bits. Charlie had them when I got him, so they remind me of baby Charlie :luv:
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline debbiedaywalker

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 11:20:17 AM »
It depends on what do you want to aim for, do you eventually want his head smooth and the top of his ears shorter? Or keep some top knot and a longer look on his head and ears? I think that Riley looks really cute  :blink:

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 01:12:27 PM »
Thanks both, right now I feel not too sure but feel that they are very bunched up like on top like that, will see what happens when they grow down a bit.

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 01:25:51 PM »
Thanks both, right now I feel not too sure but feel that they are very bunched up like on top like that, will see what happens when they grow down a bit.

People might not agree, but what I've been doing when Charlie has been cut, is to try different styles out. If I don't like it, it'll grow out.

This time he got his head cut smooth and smoothed down the top of his ears - I didn't like to to start with, but now it's got a bit of length on it again I like it - it's not long but it looks better with a bit of length.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 09:24:45 PM »
I agree the head is a bit down to what you like yourself and dependant on the head shape, my Amy has a very pronounced boney nice shaped skull put if I stripped it out smooth the boney bits deflect the overall shap so I leave her with quite a long smooth covering and donot blend her ears in

Jodie on the other hand has a wild wavy top and it drives me mad I tend to strip and thin to shape hers I leave it longer at the front (the only straight bit ) and thin out the top and shortern back of her ears to create some height.  I did take it back short once and she looked awfull as she did not have a domed head unless I then thinned down the top of her ears.

Its a bit down to your own view of what you like best I prefer not to thin down the top of the ears but I now a lot prefer that look
Aljeana & the Baddley Pack

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 08:55:31 AM »
I agree the head is a bit down to what you like yourself and dependant on the head shape, my Amy has a very pronounced boney nice shaped skull put if I stripped it out smooth the boney bits deflect the overall shap so I leave her with quite a long smooth covering and donot blend her ears in

Jodie on the other hand has a wild wavy top and it drives me mad I tend to strip and thin to shape hers I leave it longer at the front (the only straight bit ) and thin out the top and shortern back of her ears to create some height.  I did take it back short once and she looked awfull as she did not have a domed head unless I then thinned down the top of her ears.

Its a bit down to your own view of what you like best I prefer not to thin down the top of the ears but I now a lot prefer that look

Thank you ,both your dogs are beautiful, both lovely styles too.
Riley does have quite a pronounced dome shape. I guess I will talk to to the groomer when we go back with him next month.
Thanks

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 09:12:04 AM »
I could be looking at a photograph of selby, Riley is his double  :luv: :luv:

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 01:37:44 PM »
I could be looking at a photograph of selby, Riley is his double  :luv: :luv:

Aww I have looked through lots of your posts to see a larger photo of Selby, but cant seem to find one.
Do you have a larger photo I could see please?  :D

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 05:27:38 PM »
I don't know how to put pictures on sorry. If you pm me with an email address will send some, what is his pedigree :luv: