Author Topic: grass seeds  (Read 734 times)

Offline Jimyg

grass seeds
« on: July 18, 2012, 10:16:51 PM »
Or what I think to be, the round hard balls that stick to the coat, Hugo has decided that tonight he would become covered in them, after being hosed, showered and brushed I am worn out but some won't budge? Is there an easy method to get them out I've removed all from his face/ears its mostly in his thick leg fur.

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
Re: grass seeds
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 11:08:39 PM »
ahh sticky bud seeds :) Hazel loves to collect them, and eat them too  :-\

I have to comb her through with progressively finer combs in order to get them out and even when I think I have them all then I usually find more afterwards when we are having a cuddle! I'm afraid theres no tips, just perseverance! :)
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline Jimyg

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 11:13:32 PM »
Thanks, they are coming out a bit easier now, yes he has eaten them as well!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 08:18:35 AM »
don't worry too much about them eating them - they are called 'cleavers' and dogs eat them as they are medicinal and have many healing properties (despite being a real pain!)

here's the lowdown  ;) http://www.altnature.com/gallery/cleavers.htm  I don't really fancy a cleaver tea with added spaniel fur  :lol2:
helen & jarvis x

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 09:07:11 AM »
don't worry too much about them eating them - they are called 'cleavers' and dogs eat them as they are medicinal and have many healing properties (despite being a real pain!)

here's the lowdown  ;) http://www.altnature.com/gallery/cleavers.htm  I don't really fancy a cleaver tea with added spaniel fur  :lol2:

That's really interesting, thanks for the link Helen.

Bingley ate a pile of them off the kitchen table when I turned round to grab another brush, glad they won't do him any harm!

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."