Author Topic: Andis AGR+ clippers  (Read 787 times)

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
Andis AGR+ clippers
« on: February 19, 2012, 06:57:08 PM »
Hi Guys

I have been thinking about getting some clippers, and had decided on the Andis 2, I was going to try to get a deal at crufts, But I have the chance to get some Andis AGR+ super cordless ph34r
now I am really confused, so for an absolute beginner, which ones would you recommend?
thanks

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: Andis AGR+ clippers
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 07:46:15 PM »
I tried some and ended up sending them back. They were heavy, loud and vibrated a lot. Most of the professional groomers I know prefer the corded kind as they just haven't made the perfect cordless yet  :'(
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 07:54:10 PM »
I went from the Wahl cordless clippers to the Andis 2 corded ones.  The first time I used them I wished I had got the cordless ones, from the second time I used them I wouldn't swap them for anything.

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 08:49:22 PM »
I have the andis super 2 speed and the andis cordless. I think there are pros and cons for both. I think the corded are faster but I do sometimes get in knots with the corded ones. Plus for the cordless is you can be anywhere and they don't take long to recharge. I also have the powergroom and sometimes insert the powergroom cord into the cordless ones to run as corded.

But the best cordless ones for me are the aesculap, infact I'd say they are the best corded too. They are slightly noisier though than the andis and they do blow air out which some dogs don't like around their faces but I liked the andis but I love the aesculaps. :luv:
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 09:02:54 PM »
Thanks, I think Ella is abit nervous of the clippers anyway, so something blowing air into her face is probably a no go
I don't want to get something and then find out for a few quid more I could have done alot better! IYSWIM
is there any problem with buying second hand - ie Ebay?, anything to be wary of?
thanks

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 07:51:28 AM »
Yes, can't see why you can't look for a bargain on Ebay. They do have lots of offers on there, some are from professional groomers, some are people who have thought they may like to clip their own dog then find out its harder than they thought and some are from people saying they were going to become groomers and their business didn't take off. I'd be more interested in items sold by the latter two. I have bought grooming items off Ebay and have been very happy.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.