Author Topic: Coat King?  (Read 4650 times)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Coat King?
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2005, 05:14:05 PM »

Apologies for resurrecting such an old thread - just to say I finally got round to ordering a 20 blade Coat King and it had worked miracles on Jimmy's coat. I never thought I'd see his back looking so sleek and smooth again. :D

(The 26 blade one still seems to work better on Misty's un-neutered coat though.)

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Coat King?
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2005, 05:46:32 PM »
Glad to hear its working for you  ;) I hardly ever use mine  :rolleyes:

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
Coat King?
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2005, 02:59:13 PM »
darn it, that means I need a 20, I like my 26 but it doesn't get enough of the heavy stuff out :rolleyes:
PS if anyone wants to flog a second hand 20 blade give me a shout  ;)

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Coat King?
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2005, 10:56:38 PM »
I'm more baffled than ever since seeing one at the Wag and Bone show last weekend. I had thought they were a bit like a non-electric epilady type thing, but that's not how they looked at all. :blink:

I trust all of you that they work and will order a 20 I think. Buddy is 7 months old now. Met up with his breeder yesterday and forgot to ask her to show me again how to strip!!

When would you expect his coat to "give".

It's much finer and sleeker than many dogs of his age so will I definitely need to strip or should I wait and see?

When you say the coat king can be used on the legs, do you mean at the front, sides or backs of the legs. His feathering is quite dense. How best to tackle that?

Now we are getting to it I realise anew just how little I know!

I'm fortunate that he just loves being groomed so far, not too keen on his tail, but we are working on that. Will I freak him out by starting to strip?

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
Coat King?
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2005, 09:56:52 AM »
Hi Annette,

I got a coat king a week ago and have tried it a couple of times on Bella - I was quite nervous to begin with but it's actually easy to use and I think it feels the same as being combed to them - Bella doesn't seem to mind it at all. I've only used it on her back and sides as she had a trim a few weeks ago where they took off lots of her feathering (too much, I thought  :( ).

I've just been running it gently over her back and sides and it just seems to take off some of the sticky out bits of fluff - haven't had any tramlines or anything, it's just tidied her up a bit, and I think like people have said on other posts, you reach a point where you can't feel it "dragging" anymore and then you know that it's done its job.

I'm still very much a novice though, so I'm sure some much more experienced people will have better advice!

I've also worked out a way to get Bella to allow me to trim the insides of her ears (I even got brave enough to trim the shape of them at the bottom!) - give her a few little chunks of carrot and she'll stand there happily munching away without even noticing that I'm chopping away at her ears! Just need to get to grips with her paws now...

BTW I've got the 20 blade coat king as well as I'm planning to get Bella neutered and from what people have said, the 26 blade doesn't work as well once their fur has changed from the neutering.

Let me know how you get on!
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

jools

Coat King?
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2005, 10:44:21 AM »
MY COAT KING IS HERE!

I've just done Millie...and she looks fantastic. Her red is really showing on her back now. I have enough fur to stuff a pillow with. Bramble is next....yipee...I'm liking this....not had this much fun since I got my first Dyson...what pleasure seeing the dirt you've lifted.

How sad am I

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Coat King?
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2005, 09:12:23 PM »
Thanks Claire.

I've put it "on the long finger" for now. Will try it eventually, but to be honest Buddy's coat looks so good for a pup his age that I'm reluctant to mess with it. And I'm not over concerned about him suffering in the heat since he developed such a strong desire to swim at every opportunity! :P