Author Topic: Ive done it :-)  (Read 582 times)

Offline theshrew

Ive done it :-)
« on: October 01, 2012, 12:44:59 PM »
So a couple of weeks ago i decided to grow a set and have a go at clipping Candy and Missy. Thought sod it if i make a mess the hair will grow back  :005:

One of the reasons i did this is Candy is a bit of a nutter if she was a hooman she would be locked in a padded cell. Shes never been cut before i dont think she would like to be left with a groomer as shes very nervous for some reason.  Her coat wasnt very long anyway and didnt really need doing but thought id cut her just to get her used to the clippers anyway.

Turns out she was a lot better behaved than i expected, shaking a bit but at least she stood still  :D

I had mixed results if im honest.

The body looks good however i struggled a little doing the legs on Missy. The clippers just didnt seem to cut very well on her legs for some reason but Candys were ok to do. She has really thick hair on her legs maybe thats where the problem is. Doesnt look to bad anyway but certainly far from show std lol.

Made a mess of both does ears TBH i think i will try something different next time.  Any tips for this ?

Quite happy apart from the ears. Cant belive how much hair comes off and how much was up my nose lol  :lol2: Forgot to take photos but will do next time

Offline williamsmum

Re: Ive done it :-)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 06:10:31 PM »
Probably best to scissor the legs rather than clipper them. On the ears I would use a finer blade on the tops of the ears and then gradually taper down. You can scissor around the edges, just as long as you are careful with the scissors and don't cut the ear itself. Practice, practice, practice.

Offline theshrew

Re: Ive done it :-)
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 06:32:06 PM »
Ah right thanks for the tips.

What sort of scissors would you recommend. I did Missy's feet with some random ones we had in the kitchen but they weren't very good tbh