Author Topic: Trouble With Bum Wings  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Trouble With Bum Wings
« on: April 14, 2005, 11:36:01 PM »
Can anyone give me any pointers to help me get rid of Indies bum-wings?  I strip her myself (except her head which I do with the thinning scissors, which is probably wrong, but she looks ok and no scissor marks :D )   Thing is she has these amazing bum-wings that are growing by the minute and seem persistant that they are staying put :rolleyes:   I just can't get them to budge, haven't tried thinning scissors on that area though, would this be the best option, or should I invest in a coat king?

Her coat is quite fine on her back and is very silky, except for these wings, now maybe its just cos shes an angel :lol:   Nope hang on, let me check for horns :lol:

Thanks in advance

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Trouble With Bum Wings
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 11:56:57 PM »
Do you know it's funny Emma Butty has bum wings to, they are like little angel wings sticking out on either side of her tail, longish wispy hairs. I would try the coat king  ;)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Trouble With Bum Wings
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 07:27:21 AM »
I've finally conquered Dallas' bum wings (great name for them :lol: ) with a combination of coat king and thinning scissors.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Trouble With Bum Wings
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 07:40:03 AM »
I find thinners are the only way for me with these little monkies :blink:
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Trouble With Bum Wings
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 08:28:14 AM »
Emma, I use thinners on Blue's bum wings, Bailey doesnt seem to have them ;)  the coat king just doesnt seem to work on that area for us  :)
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Trouble With Bum Wings
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 11:47:09 AM »
:) Thanks everyone, glad its not just Indie who gets them, thought I was doing something wrong :lol:   Will give the thinners ago B)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Trouble With Bum Wings
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 11:50:03 AM »

I'm not sure I know what this thread is about.  :blink:  Wings ? On the bum ?   :unsure:

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Trouble With Bum Wings
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 12:00:59 PM »
I'm not sure I know what this thread is about.  :blink:  Wings ? On the bum ?   :unsure:
[snapback]116850[/snapback]

:lol:  :lol: More hind quarters than bum Colin, I'll see if I can post a pic of Indies bum wings :P

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
Trouble With Bum Wings
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 12:11:53 PM »

Aha, I think I get you now. Do you mean the swirly bits on each rump where the fur grows in all different directions ? If so, Misty has these too - hers don't look like wings though. :D I try and trim them keeping the trimming scissors very close to the skin so I'm cutting underneath the hair that grows down just from above that  lies a bit flatter. The long bits then tend to cover up the messy swirly bits. I made a right mess the first time I did this - poor Misty ended up looking a bit bald down there. :unsure:

Not sure I explained all that any better. :ph34r:  :D

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Trouble With Bum Wings
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 12:25:48 PM »
Hehe - I use thinners on Daisy and Jazz - if I leave them to grow too long, they start to get a bit wee-coloured, niiiice  :blink: Love the expression bum-wings!  :D

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Trouble With Bum Wings
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 12:26:27 PM »
Colin, look HERE not the best pic i'm afraid but she won't keep still, does that give you an idea of what I meant?

Offline Sass

• Site Member
Trouble With Bum Wings
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 12:39:18 PM »
Emma, when you advised me (back along) to thin the upperside of an undocked tail, I did so :)  I then got a bit scissor happy and thinned off those tufty bits like Indie's!! Looks good though!!! :P
Sass and Alfie xx

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Trouble With Bum Wings
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005, 12:45:46 PM »
Mike I  think your bum wings are in a different place  :lol:
Buttys are on her rump about  a couple of inches down from her tail on both sides  :blink:

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Trouble With Bum Wings
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 12:51:27 PM »
Oh right! Hehe :D  Mine dont really get them there then - I thought you meant the swirly bits beneath the bum and between the legs silly me :D

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
Trouble With Bum Wings
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 01:37:31 PM »
I think we've all been talking about different bits - although Gilly might be talking about the same as me. :D

Emma, do you mean the black hair in the red circle or the white hair in the blue ?

The wispy hair in the red circle should come out with a Coat King if handstripping isn't working, the white bits above the hocks you'd use thinning scissors ..... I think. :D