Author Topic: Washing the ears?  (Read 491 times)

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
Washing the ears?
« on: November 18, 2012, 10:19:28 AM »
Hi Guys,
sounds abit weird, I know, but Ella has another ear infection (psuedomonas ph34r), and we have been using epiotic and aurizon.
not sure which is the cuplrit, but her ears are very greasy and look horrible.
I have left them for a while, just keep grooming them through, but I want to know the best/easiest way to wash her ears. (the outside, not the canal!)
I dont really want to give her a proper bath, too hard to dry her, so any top tips?

thanks. Trisha

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
Re: Washing the ears?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 12:47:37 PM »

Hi Trisha Sorry to here Ella has poorly ears.  When Jessie has had to have cleaner and her ears where greasy, I filled a bowl with warm water and dog shampoo mild and stood her on the grooming table and lifted the bowl up to her ears and just gently washed the ear but keeping the ear canal dry and then rinsed with warm water.  Hope she is better soon.

Erica.

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 02:47:17 PM »
Thanks Erica, basically what I thought, but worried about her moving around and getting an ear full :005:
although we have just got back from the riverside park, and she decided to check out the mud flats, so I now half a half clean half filthy cocker :005:, she may end up needing a bath after all!!
oh, the fun thought of drying her ph34r

sarahR

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 04:21:39 PM »
Yes we have to wash Ozzies ears more than her body and we use two bowls one with shampoo then one clean and a towel at the ready. Hope she's better soon.

George and Ozzie. x :D