Cocker Specific Discussion > General Cocker Spaniel Discussion

Male 'v' Female ???

<< < (3/3)

nettypheas:
Yeah me too - I love most dog breeds but cockers are my favourite and I couldn't imagine being without one now, but I have always had girls myself -Im sure boy cockers are lots of fun tho.  Good luck with whatever you choose.                    

Lee:
We already had a female Cairn who is very dominant so we chose a male cocker after reading that 2 females can fight for dominance whereas a male with a female would usually let the female take the lead - in otherwords much like people we always let the females think they are in charge! - hmmm dangerous talk me thinks!

Anyway Oscar our cocker (5 months) is the first male dog that we have owned and we were abit concerned about 'mounting' etc but he has fitted in well and lets Holly our 2 year old cairn get on with being 'Alpha' dog.

Lee                    

alphacocker:
Hi Anabell,
I get asked this question heaps of time as both a breeder, owner, and trainer. you are right all are individuals, remember, the puppy you buy, if from sound bloodlines, will be like a new blackboard. What you write on it will be what you read. I personally find that Copckers are great with children but??? are all children great with dogs let alone a breed as intelligent as Cockers.                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version