Author Topic: Vocal  (Read 1061 times)

Offline YvonneC22

Vocal
« on: January 14, 2013, 08:47:57 PM »
Just a query as to whether my dog is just strange  :005:

I've just has the best laugh I've had in a long while,

Alex is definately a daddy's dog, he does as he says without fail, follows him around, knows when he's pulling up outside etc...

My hubby has just been telling Alex to "lie down" and Alex lay down but lay there looking at him and started "answering back" and he did it in response to hubby's command!!!  :005:

It was like we had chew bacca in the house, it was like a warble followed by a yowl, then he'd stop and do it again like he's chatting.

I had tears strolling down my face  :005:

Is it a form of "don't tell me what to do" ???? Is it something I need to stop?

Offline lettie10

• Jazz & Bailey
Re: Vocal
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 08:54:29 PM »
My Jazz has always done this and it is usually in answer to something we have said to her first, exactly as you say like she is answering back :005: :005: :005:

In fact she used to only do this and has only recently starting to bark since (the very gobby  :shades: Bailey) joined out household.

Not sure if you can "stop" it but tbh I have never worried about it and also find it highly amusing :005:
"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 09:14:34 PM »
if you find a magical cure to stop it, let me know!!

Ella's 'wooing' can get a bit much at times, especially if she's decided it's lunch time at 2pm!! :luv:

Offline Chocolate Hero

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 10:00:48 PM »
  :005: ours does it when he gets up, when OH gets in from work. or if you have just been upstairs with out him. We make up full conversations with him e.g. - "then what happened' & ' i see' often he repeats him self. Its very funny.

We find it sweet so dont make any effort to stop it.  :luv:
Run Free my little Laddie xxx

Offline YvonneC22

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 10:25:06 PM »
I love it, just didn't know if its a dominance thing.... As long as I'm not making a rod for my own back by egging him on  :005: :005:

Offline Snoo

• Clover, DOB 17/05/11
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 11:01:28 PM »
Yeah, Clover does it too and always makes us laugh. Probably shouldn't encourage it but the look on her face as she does it is priceless.
To know them is to love them.....

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 07:36:22 AM »
Didnt you know cockers can talk !! :005: :005: , mine are very good at answering me back , when Milo was little i would often point my finger at him and say no and he would sometimes shake his head and answer me back and then run round in circles chasing his tail for some reason it was hysterical
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 08:27:47 AM »
I love it, just didn't know if its a dominance thing.... As long as I'm not making a rod for my own back by egging him on  :005: :005:

Nothing to do with dominance  :P  Coco is very vocal and when she meets someone she knows she goes round and round them waggling her bum and chuntering and woowooing -  it always makes me laugh, I always think she is saying "where have you been, I have got soooo much to tell you"  :lol2:
Julie and Watson

Offline YvonneC22

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 04:42:33 PM »
Hahaha Joules I think that too   :005:
Alex is really vocal in the mornings with the kids, even his yawns are loud  :005:

Offline PopPops

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 06:01:46 PM »
LOL this is so nice to read! Pops is my first cocker, we'd always had terriers, so we had no idea how vocal and variedly vocal cockers are. When in full gear she can sound like she's singing opera, I had no idea dogs could make these sounds  :005:
Pops the Womble: November 2012 to February 2017. Forever loved and missed Poppet.

Offline Helly D

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 10:50:42 PM »
Our other two cockers weren't very vocal but Rosie warbles too. She sounds like Chewbacca from Star Wars. When we went to puppy class I had to do sits and downs with her to distract her as she wouldn't shut up and the instructor couldn't get a word in edgeways. LOL.

We love the sounds she makes. She also does a doggy purr when she's happy. A little low moan with a whistle attached. Very funny.

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 09:59:41 PM »
Bella answers me back all the time, she absolutely always has to have the last word and it cracks me up. I love her for it
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 10:14:25 PM »
Lara is a chatterbox, I ask her about her day when I get in from work  :lol2: and she tells me!  Bertie is less so, but still joins in.  In the morning when I am walking to the station I sometimes meet a lady with a collie.  I always say Good Morning and I get a woo woo from my collie friend  :005: and a Hello from his mum!