Author Topic: Dog Poo  (Read 2159 times)

Offline x Denise x

• Molly & Joey
Dog Poo
« on: February 28, 2013, 12:45:22 PM »
We all have lots of dog poo to pick up on our daily walks. But how do you all dispose of dog poo at home  (in the garden ).
I have the usual dog pooh bags and pick up the dog poo's and put them in my regular black sacks and put them out on bin day. I was told we could put it in our green wheelie bin in bags of course but im not sure.  When were out i dispose of the dog poo bags in the bins provided in the parks or if not i bring it home and put it in the black sack.  How do you all get rid of you poo bags ?? would be interested to know as it is never ending :embarassed:

Offline Bibby

Re: Dog Poo
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 12:48:04 PM »
I use the dog poo bags and bins on walks, then at home put them in with the non-recyclables (we still have a bin for that not a bag). I agree it is never ending especially with 2 - I sympathise with the people with 4, and have often wondered what boarding kennels do - they must have mountains!
Owned by Poppy and Willow

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 12:51:49 PM »
Ollie only poos once per day (he is raw fed) I collect in a poo bag, put it in a plant pot (only used for this purpose) on " bin the lot is put into are waste bin. We don't put it into the recycle bin.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 12:54:24 PM »
Riley only does the 1st one of a day in the garden, that goes in the poo bag then over the fence into the dustbin. We have our dustbin in the car park.
He only poos twice or three times and on walks dispose of them in nearest bin.

Offline x Denise x

• Molly & Joey
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 01:00:50 PM »
Our Green bin is for garden waste.  I think we can now put food waste in as well . They say to empty the small grey bin in on a daily basis dont know if dog poo is Garden/ Food waste even in the doggie bags. The last thing i want is having a weeks worth and then they dont take it.  I was thinking of a chemical box / bucket thing but worried about the smell and the flies in the summer . My 1st dog Molly used to only go once a day in the park  clean up in the bin  job done.  Then we got a 2nd dog  and now they  never stop. on a walk they do at least 3 each and the garden has about 5 in.  Ive never know dogs poo so much. They are both dry fed. but dont know where it all comes from   :D

Offline Buzby

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 01:09:41 PM »
We have a back yard and a terrace here in Spain.  The smell would be atrocious in the summer...  I pick up in kitchen roll and flush down the loo.  The ones when we are out she does off piste  :D - but we live in the middle of nowhere.  The pavement poos go in a poo bag and the bin.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 03:13:28 PM »
Which bin you can use at home will depend on your local council. Where I live dog poo has to be be double bagged and can then be put in the general waste bin, definitely not the garden waste sacks or the recycling bin :fear2:

Mine are raw fed so don't do many poos, usually 2 a day. Most of my walks are in the New Forest and you don't have to pick up out there but the National Park Authority asks that you pick up if you're in or very near a public car park and flick or kick it off a path if you're walking on one. I have poo bags with me when I walk but rarely need to use them.

Offline lynnruby

• Donator
  • Ruby
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 03:34:36 PM »
At home, we bag and put it in general waste (grey wheelie bin)  I don't think our council would be too happy if we put it in garden waste (green wheelie bin)  as this is for leaves, weeds, grass clippings etc only.  Had to laugh though, when the bin men refused to empty next doors green bin because they had put the remains of a green pepper in it  :005:  Their reason was, that it was food waste, not garden waste  :huh:
Lynn

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 04:30:04 PM »
Barney won't poo in his own backyard so on walks it is picked up and put in dog bins/normal bins depending where we are.  Pippa has one poo at home in the morning which is bagged up and goes in the grey general non-recyclable waste bin.

Offline x Denise x

• Molly & Joey
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 04:36:59 PM »
Every council is different. Green wheelie bin garden and food waste. Orange Box Glass & Pink sacks for paper and tin etc . We have no black sacks anymore but we can buy our own which we do. They gave out small grey boxes to put food in and empty on daily basis in green wheelie bin. 1st time i done it in the summer it was full of maggots when i went to move it. Never used it since YUK.

Offline Skyempress

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 04:39:09 PM »
I don't have one of these but my friend does, I am tempted.... it is a pet poo composting wormery

http://www.originalorganics.co.uk/pet-dog-poo-loo-wormery.htm

Offline Carolynleah

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 09:36:28 AM »
On walks we have plenty of poo bins provided so use them, unless we are out in the middle of nowhere.  Poos done in the garden are bagged and put in the black bin, which is for non recyclable waste.  We have separate bins for food waste and garden waste.  My son has 6 dogs, he has built kennels with a drain that empties straight into the sewage system so washes it all down with a hose pipe.

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 09:47:08 AM »
When out we use the bins that are provided - at home I have one of those horse scoops which I use and transfer to a bin bag and out with the unrecyclables.  Usually we walk on common land where cattle are free roaming and there is no requirement to pick up though I do if it is on walkways.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline HoneyG

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 09:47:38 AM »
Poos done at home we put in doggy bags, and place in an empty plant pot by the gate. when we go out for our walk, I take them with me and put them in the first doggy bin we see :)
Beki (and Honey!)

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 10:22:30 AM »
I wish we had wheelie bins / green bins. In south lincs we still have to use black  / green bin bags. We have a small pedal bin outside in which home poohs go in then  they are put in the black bags. At least we do have weekly collections still
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----