Author Topic: Outdoor show  (Read 1462 times)

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
Outdoor show
« on: May 20, 2013, 12:29:02 PM »
What can I expect from an outdoor show?

It's an open show; we've been to shows, just not an outdoor one before.

Can I expect shelter? (something like a gezebo) or should I expect to be exposed to the elements?

Is there anything I should be careful for? Do I need to do anything differently?
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Outdoor show
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 12:33:13 PM »
Is there any information on the show schedule? Some have wet weather tents, although never enough for all breeds and classes! If they have wet weather tents I think it should state in the schedule which breeds will have use of them in the event of wet weather. Otherwise, go prepared for all eventualities :D

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 12:36:13 PM »
Is there any information on the show schedule? Some have wet weather tents, although never enough for all breeds and classes! If they have wet weather tents I think it should state in the schedule which breeds will have use of them in the event of wet weather. Otherwise, go prepared for all eventualities :D

I don't think it says unfortunately.

One of the outdoor shows mentions about indoor and wet weather accommodation, but this one doesn't. I'm assuming it doesn't have anything since it's a proper county fair, with cattle, goat, alpaca, horse and sheep showing  :005:

My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 04:04:06 PM »
In that case I'd be taking my wellies, raincoat, sun cream and sun hat :005:

Load the car up with everything you might need for a wet dog or a hot dog, plus same for yourself. If it rains, or has rained, the grass might be slippery for you and wet and muddy for Charlie.

I hope you have a good day, whatever the weather :D