Author Topic: New computer  (Read 2648 times)

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
New computer
« on: July 12, 2013, 05:12:46 PM »
I've just had to buy a new laptop and was wondering what downloads to use for music,dvds and photos. I'm a bit of a computer numpty so all suggestions welcome. thanks in advance
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline Sula

• Raisin
Re: New computer
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 09:19:51 PM »
Most sites that you buy music on will have an automatic download. I have an iphone and ipad so use iTunes to store and organise my music. For photos I have a photobucket account and that is very useful, but there are other sites so check around.

I also have kindle on the pc and ipad so can read my books as well as reader, also make sure you have adobe reader or another PDF reader.

Lastly - enjoy your new laptop  :luv:

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 09:54:31 PM »
Most sites that you buy music on will have an automatic download. I have an iphone and ipad so use iTunes to store and organise my music. For photos I have a photobucket account and that is very useful, but there are other sites so check around.

I also have kindle on the pc and ipad so can read my books as well as reader, also make sure you have adobe reader or another PDF reader.

I can't get the hang of windows 8 though.
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 10:07:40 PM »

I can't get the hang of windows 8 though.

Me neither. I just click straight onto desktop each time which takes me to a more recognisable screen ph34r

Offline Sula

• Raisin
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 09:33:38 PM »
My son wanted his laptop NOT to have Windows 8, so we got him one with 7 on it so I can sympathise with you.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 09:45:13 PM »
must admit to hating window 8 when first got it, but now i have the hang of it, would not go back. but getting back to topic, sorry do not download music or films. prefer  watching /listening the old fashioned ways
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 05:32:21 PM »
I've got two new computers both Sony, Laptop and Desktop and both have Windows 8 which I really dislike, but I downloaded this http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php  which makes it start up like Windows 7