Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

Glucosamine

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ben's mum:
Thanks all, its put my mind at rest about the heart murmur, it was a bit of a shock when she said it.

Will look at the Riaflex thanks Elaine, i have never consistently kept Ben on any supplements I tend to forget once he seems fine, but I think this time he needs long term help to keep athritis under control and as pain free as possible.

He is a lot better this evening standing and walking about ok but carefully. We got the stair gate out to stop him going upstairs and Harry had hysterics when he saw it and refuses to go anywhere near the stairs now  :D

Max X 2:
Poor Ben  :'(

I give Harry Glycoflex III but he also has Cetyl-M for his hip dysplasia

Max is 9½ & still doing agility so also gets the Glycoflex

The Cetly-M definitely works for Harry

I think with these supplements it's finding what works, a lot of people swear by Riaflex & Yumove, but they weren't effective for Harry

Riaflex often have a discount code (let me know if you want it  ;) ) & were extremely helpful although suggested I may also need one of their other supplements as well as the Riaflex Joint Plus for Harry

Ernies mum:
Poor Ben . My beautiful girl Moss had arthritis and heart murmur , I had her until she was 15 and it was kidney failure that was the reason for us saying goodbye .

I used to feed moss on symply large breed dog food as it had joint supplements in and was a great help to moss .

We also took other practical measures -made a ramp for our back door so she didn't struggle with the big step , Equafleece suit with zip for winter as the cold effected her arthritis .

Vet bed in her dog bed as it seemed to keep her warm and comfy .

Moss didn't ever need medication for her heart murmur but like you we were shocked to find out about it , we used to have regular check ups at vets to keep an eye on it .

Penelope:
Only just seen this.
Poor Ben.  I hope you can make him more comfortable and try not to worry too much about the heart murmur.  I am pretty sure lots of older dogs have them and cause no problems. 
Big hugs to all of you.

Helen:
I missed this completely!  Firstly :bigarmhug:

I give Jarv Yumove Advance, I'm not sure if it makes a difference as he's not really got any noticeable joint problems.  One of my customers is an animal physio in Durham and I am going to seek out her recommendations down here in Wiltshire and book him in.   I figure that we could all do with a little gentle manipulation when we're more mature.  Could this be an idea for Ben?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version